Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Thanks - I figured out the pinout - The PWB-F board is nonstandard so I just have to get a cable made by someone - The problem is IDE connectors are not to common anymore.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    No, they are not. It is likely easier for you to contact a local KM shop to see if they can source you one. If we had one and you came to visit, we'd likely give it to you. Dunno about other shops though.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    I finally got the right connector for pin lineup and hooked a 30gb hard drive up that I know is good(tested it on another computer), but I am getting error code C-12CF once it is set. It is not the connector at this point as this is a different error code than previously with the wrong connectors. It wont let me format it. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by Guitarist69; 02-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Go into tech rep, format the hard disk.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Sorry I didn't explain thoroughly first time around- Hard Disk format does not work- Sits at 0% , resets and comes up with error. Hard Drive is good though.

I'm at my wits end on this copier - Everthing else is working pretty much except for the hard drive, which is affecting scanning and printing speeds.

Technician
    i had this problem these days, mount back the hdd to the computer and delete partition with a bootable windows cd , DO NOT CREATE either fat32 or ntfs partition, after deleted the partion close the pc and mount the hdd to the copier , the machine will make his own partition when formatting, this is TESTED
    ps: the hdd does not influence the print or copying speed in a good way, as i seen, for me it's even worse, copying it's slow now ... only thing i find good it's that you can scan one job after another without having to wait the first one to end, maybe i've done something wrong , i don't know what to do, now when i disable the hdd , the memory it fills more fast than before, i cannot work with the hdd because it's slow, and on the memory it only prints 50 pg (with 50 less that before i mounted the hdd) i'm getting pissed

hi
    i am sending you a software name which is FIERY REMOTE SCAN 5.0 download it from link Konica Minolta Australia and when the download is complete you have to give the fiery's model and ip address and install the software. your copier will start scaning.
    regards,
    nisar khan
    Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Nisar235 View Post
    hi
    i am sending you a software name which is FIERY REMOTE SCAN 5.0 download it from link Konica Minolta Australia and when the download is complete you have to give the fiery's model and ip address and install the software. your copier will start scaning.
    regards,
    nisar khan
    Pakistan

The guy is not using a 3102, he is using a 3101 internal controller....huge difference.
    ---Groucho Marx

Technician
    Correct - I am using the 3101e internal controller - I will try to delete the partition on the HD and see if that helps. I bought the HD new off ebay but i was surprised that it was originally preformatted for Win- plugged into my computer it immediately recognized it - I thought the CF 2002 format would auto correct the pre partition but maybe your right in that it doesn't.

Regarding speed- I am hoping the HD will help as the copier prints about 4 ppm right now with no hd and everything else is set up correctly - I was assuming it is because its using the system memory which is only 128mb(which is the max allowed). The other memory on the board is 512mb, but I think thats for scanning - which is also slow. I am hoping this is the issue as I am out of ideas on how to get it working, and have spent just about as much as I want to for this old unit

On note though - I got Paperport 12 pro document management software, and the cf2002 works good with it(Twain controller) and makes multipage pdfs(without the HD) but it is still slow.

Technician
    Unfortunately - a previously created partiion was not the problem - the drive had no partition on it. In any case, I went through the process to make sure it was completely clean.

Unfortunately I keep getting the error of C-12CF once the drive is set, and then when I try to format- it doesn't move forward. I have a 30gb drive - could it be too big for the CF2002 - could that be the problem.

Anyone know specifically what C-12CF error code means - The service manual just say its a hard disk erro with no elaboration.

I am getting tired of this system.