Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sbarnette

Thumbs up Couple of questions about the CF3102 (8031) (X3e)

The boss bought a couple of these units and as usual it has fallen to me to make them "work" (sigh).
    The Copiers/finishers work fine and I have them printing. I only have two holdups:

1) Scan to ftp. I have everything configured and I can see the unit log into the ftp server multiple times (usually 3 times) with every scan but no file is ever transferred. No error report is generated. I'm using serv-u ftp server on WinXP. I can scan to the HDD and retrieve using Webtools but that is one clunky interface. I'd rather eliminate as much user interaction as possible. Our old Xerox is still able to login and ftp a scanned file (picked up by Image Retriever software) so I am (pretty) sure the ftp server is configured correctly.

2) Envelope printing. I have the tray one switch set to envelopes, the guides set to C10, and C10 envelopes loaded, the web interface shows C10 loaded but everytime I try to print an envelope I get an error stating that no matching size (9 1/2 x 4.125) can be found. I tried defining a custom size for tray one through the LCD control panel, defining a custom size in Word, and banging my head on the desk repeatedly, no luck with any of those except for a headache. All machines are WinXP/Office 2003. I have tried several different drivers including the Universal with no luck.

I am a little confused as to the part numbering/terminology used, the copier body says Konica 8031, the web interface page says CF3102 and/or X3E.
    Thanks for any help.

Steve

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarnette View Post
    The boss bought a couple of these units and as usual it has fallen to me to make them "work" (sigh).
    The Copiers/finishers work fine and I have them printing. I only have two holdups:

1) Scan to ftp. I have everything configured and I can see the unit log into the ftp server multiple times (usually 3 times) with every scan but no file is ever transferred. No error report is generated. I'm using serv-u ftp server on WinXP. I can scan to the HDD and retrieve using Webtools but that is one clunky interface. I'd rather eliminate as much user interaction as possible. Our old Xerox is still able to login and ftp a scanned file (picked up by Image Retriever software) so I am (pretty) sure the ftp server is configured correctly.

2) Envelope printing. I have the tray one switch set to envelopes, the guides set to C10, and C10 envelopes loaded, the web interface shows C10 loaded but everytime I try to print an envelope I get an error stating that no matching size (9 1/2 x 4.125) can be found. I tried defining a custom size for tray one through the LCD control panel, defining a custom size in Word, and banging my head on the desk repeatedly, no luck with any of those except for a headache. All machines are WinXP/Office 2003. I have tried several different drivers including the Universal with no luck.

I am a little confused as to the part numbering/terminology used, the copier body says Konica 8031, the web interface page says CF3102 and/or X3E.
    Thanks for any help.

Steve
    Buying machines that are considered obsolete and due to no longer be supported by KM. He would have been a 'little' better off buying Minolta C350s, at least those have a longer shelf life for consumable support.

As for the devices, these are originally CF3102 copiers with X3e Fiery controllers from Minolta. They are merely relabeled for Konica before we had a merger to become Konica Minolta.

You should be using the driver for the fiery controller, which you can find at the following link...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase
    follow the instructions in the user manuals on how to set these up properly and configure them to the machine options. That should solve your printing issues.

Here are the manuals for the Copier itself. The print controller guide gives details on setting up FTP scanning.

and here are the manuals for the fiery controller

and multiple controller type manuals including yours (most fiery controllers are very similar in function and configuration)

"Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Couple of questions about the CF3102 (8031) (X3e)

As for the ftp issue it is probably a configuration problem, try setting up an ftp client on a work station with the same configuration as the copier and see if it will connect and transfer files. Note if you are sending to the "root" of the ftp you do not specify the file path. As for the envelope set the size but leave the media type set as plain paper and see what happens.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

sbarnette
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    As for the ftp issue it is probably a configuration problem, try setting up an ftp client on a work station with the same configuration as the copier and see if it will connect and transfer files. Note if you are sending to the "root" of the ftp you do not specify the file path. As for the envelope set the size but leave the media type set as plain paper and see what happens.
    Pepper: switching the media type to plain immediately solved the envelope problem, MANY THANKS. I'm going to experiment witht he FTP later today.

Steve

sbarnette
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    pepper: I switched to quick n easy ftp and all is well with the world. Thank you all so much for your advice. Now I can go back to being an attorney again.

Steve