Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar
    Its done it again this morning - why replace the registration clutch? I don't get it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    I had something similar on a c250 but with magenta color. I fixed it changing the HV board.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C250 With Yellow Background - Changed IU & Laser

Also double check that your drum ground is good and solid.. it can do something like that when it's iffy too... (drum ground is the silver tab just past the "PUSH" plate top dead center @ the front of the iu unit.)

Regards!
    A.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    When I went to training for the 353 series, there was a machine exhibiting this same problem. Someone from a previous class had botched some procedure, resulting in a heavy yellow background on all printouts. The problem ended up being a ribbon cable. Im sorry to say that I dont remember exactly which one, but im guessing it was the PRCB cable. I do know that the cable looked fine on inspection, but the problem went away immediately after replacing it. Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts pajeroid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barratec View Post
    I had something similar on a c250 but with magenta color. I fixed it changing the HV board.
    Well, we did this and the problem so far * touch wood * has stopped appearing, so many thanks Barratec. I'll add to your rep!

lrockett

Re: Bizhub C250 With Yellow Background - Changed IU & Laser

Same problem here, but in my case there is a yellow "layer" over all colors and objects covering the hole page including margins. Machine gives me status P-21 and sometimes P-8 and P-21. When I open the side cover there is yellow toner stucked on the belt. IU is new, about 10.000 copies. Machine status level 1 shows yellow TCR around 2% when the usual will be 7 or 8.

Itīs been raining here for a week and humidity is usually high. Always after a rainny weekend the machine behave strange. I already have this kind of erratic problems before and the cause looks always the same.

Iīve opened the machine and cleaned the two flat cable contacts and conectors with de-humidifying spray (donīt know how itīs called in english). Thats it, problem gone. Always when you face problems like this try the flat cables or contacts first. Only after that start changing parts.

Iīve done this procedure 2 or 3 times and always workes with spending any money with parts.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

The flat cable from the MFP board to the laser relay board is notorious for causing this problem. I presume you were talking about this cable.

Repeat offending machines can have the cable trimmed or replaced as a permanent solution.

Technician

Yes, clean sensors, could be a bent contact on the HV board on the back of the machine, not to hard to get to