Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Cannot remove drum section in di470

Hi !
    I cannot remove drum unit in Di 470. I loose all screws but unit stacks. I tried force - unsuccessful, machine sputters only.;-).
    Is it nessesary disasembly rear side and try remove drum shaft ?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Cannot remove drum section in di470

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I had one of these. The shaft the drum is on is screwed up. I had to take mine back to the shop and we had to go in through the back and beat it out. Good luck!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    It is a difficult job to remove a stuck drum unit in this copier. It involves removing stuff from the rear of the copier, and, believe it or not, a dent puller, like used in an auto-body shop. You're basically removing the rear of the machine from the drum unit. Don't envy you the first time doing this job. Luckily, the di470 is near obsolete. So there's no need to get good at this job.
    Kevin900

Copy/Print/Network Tech 100+ Posts Kmdurrin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordqpa View Post
    Hi !
    I cannot remove drum unit in Di 470. I loose all screws but unit stacks. I tried force - unsuccessful, machine sputters only.;-).
    Is it nessesary disasembly rear side and try remove drum shaft ?
    In short - yes. Try to remove the drum shaft
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have done too many of these to remember. Yes, the dent puller is needed. The easiest way is to have two people to remove unit. Access the drum drive unit in the rear. Loosen screws on front of drum unit. Remove fly wheel/cam and hook dent puller onto remaining housing. Have partner pull lightly on drum unit as you lightly pull on dent puller. It should come loose. Sometimes I have had to loosen or remove screws from the drive assembly to remove drum. There are belts and springs in this assembly so beware. Good luck.;

I have done this a few times, 3 times this remedy worked ,loosen the screws then take something like a cricket or baseball bat and hit it on the plastic cover between the two screws loosend not like you would hit a ball but more like shoving it , hit it hard enough inward to loosen the drum from the shaft but not break the plastic cover then pull it towards yourself very vigirously and fast.
    Good luck
    Rudi

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I have done this a few times, 3 times this remedy worked ,loosen the screws then take something like a cricket or baseball bat and hit it on the plastic cover between the two screws loosend not like you would hit a ball but more like shoving it , hit it hard enough inward to loosen the drum from the shaft but not break the plastic cover then pull it towards yourself very vigirously and fast.
    Good luck
    Rudi
    Nice Bro :-bd
    i follow your advice & succeed!!