Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    So basically you have regular steel or some other metal 6-32 or M3 (or whatever their designation is) screws holding the sensor in place. These screws are attracted by the magnet. Is that correct?
    I was just concerned because I have heard that you need to use fully plastic or aluminum screws to attach that sensor (screws that are not attracted by the magnet).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Timing on the paper feed assembly (Konica 7145 copier)

To the best of my knowledge it's just a regular screw. (thread for plastic use).

A.

edit: yes attracted to a magnetic screwdriver. I just checked one of my spare dev units just to be sure... it's attracted to my screwdriver.. therefore not aluminum.

edit again: also checked 2 different dev units. (7145 and 7222(related machine)) both types have the same style screw securing the tds sensor. both were magnetically inclined... attracted to my screwdriver and not aluminum.

Hope that helps!
    Regards.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    That helps a great deal. Thank you. I don't have to worry about these screws anymore (they are basically the same screws used in computer cases).
    Switching the topic a little, I am also looking for the most recent firmware for IP-431. Do you have it by any chance? I am trying to enable the print option/network printing on my Konica 7145.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The screws are stainless steel and are non-magnetic on some machines they are brass but still non-magnetic. Magnetic screws could cause the dev to be attracted to them an affect the flow of developer around/over the sensor area.

If you lost the original screws it is probably because they didn't stick to your magnetic screwdriver.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Well I have a developer for Konica 7145 with screws securing the TDS sensor which are magnetically inclined. However, you said that you also have a developer with such screws and, I presume, that you didn't have a problem with the sensor on that developer because of the magnetically inclined screws.
    So I guess it should cause a problem.

Pepper is correct there are some cases where a tds sensor (or other screws for that matter) on a dev unit are not magnetic, can be brass or something else... Not too often tho, the top 3 screws on the dev on a bh200/222 series aren't magnetic (a pain) and others are. As for the IP431, no I don't have software for it. I only have IP432's, IP422's, 423's and 424's around here (for those series of boxes anyway).. does the machine go into the print mode when you press the print button on the control panel? Does it say ready to print? Can you print out the test prints from the printer menus?

Regards!
    A.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Going back to the TDS sensor for a minute: Is there a way to test the TDS sensor performance without having the toner installed? I will be getting a new sensor soon and I will replace the old one (cracked), I just want to make sure I will not waste my developer if something goes wrong? I am not worried about the sensors performance really but I am more concerned with the fact that I did a factory reset of the copier recently and I wonder if nothing within the system (after the reset) will prevent normal operation of the L-detect procedure. I will be installing the 26NA88041 sensor instead of the older model 26NA88040 which I had before.

No, the printer menu doesn't work. I can't print anything using the serial, usb and network cable. But my computer does recognize the printer using the serial cable (and possibly USB, can't remember now) and I can open the network page using the copier's IP number on my computer.

The network page is built into that machine even without an ip installed.. your sure you have an ip installed right? It goes into a recess on the left hand side rear of the machine.. There's no real way to test the tds sensor itself outside of the the l-detect or running the dev and putting a meter the sensor's output... Just checked... My service book doesn't list the IP431 as the proper controller for your 7145... only an IP432 should work.. At least according to my book. Your sure its an IP431?

A.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You are right. I don't have the board. I thought that I had it because I have a network plug (its on the same side as the serial, parallel connection, left side of the copier when you look at its back).
    I don't have an IP board in the slot on the right.
    Once I install the IP-432 board into that slot should the PRINT and FAX options become available automatically on the copier or do I need to do anything extra (like update the firmware) to turn these options on?

Concerning the TDS sensor. RIght now, when I go into L-detect and do an L-detect procedure my sensor shows me Result 0006, L detection 043
    If the sensor would operate correctly the L detection should be somewhere between 055 and 075, is that correct?
    I have the error message "Adjust L detect" turned off on the copier, but it does come on even after doing the l detect procedure. That's, I presume, because the sensor is broken.
    This is what I am planning to do once I receive the new sensor.
    1. Remove the old sensor
    2. Clean the developing unit out of the old developer
    3. Install the new sensor using magnetized screws
    4. Add the developer, equally, spread it, etc.
    5. Insert the developing unit with the new developer and sensor into the copier
    6. Run the copier and go into menu 36
    7. Run the L detect procedure
    8. Turn off and back on the copier and see what happens
    I assume that the copier should automatically enter into the copy mode and no L detect warnings should come on

Is this correct?

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you are getting a 0006 the sensor in the Drum carriage could be dirty or you could have a high voltage problem or your drum may not be turning. There are other things required before L Detect happens if they don't happen you get an almost instant 0006 and L Detect is aborted. I also recall you said this machine was transported laying down a lot of dev may have spilled out of the dev assembly polluting your paper feed section and possibly your HV Board giving you all kinds of problems, not to mention L Detect will abort if there is too little Dev in the Dev unit.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes