Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How to Restore Factory Defaults in Konica 7145

Hi,

My dad was trying to fix my Konica 7145 and he ran in 47 mode code 93. Basically he reset the copier settings and I don't know what to enter to get it working again. Can someone please give me a list of all the things I need to enter and how to get this copier working again>? Thank you.

Try this...it sounds like he did what we used to call a "Mind Meld" and restored only part of the settings. The other sections being reset should be all it needs. Give it a try and let me know if it works. If I come up with something else I'll post.

Description
    How to reset the machine, initialize memory to factory defaults.
    Solution
    To reset memory to factory defaults, perform the following:
    1. Enter the 25 mode (power the machine ON, while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
    2. Select Software SW.
    3. Using the up/down arrows, scroll to address 3-4 (All Memory Reset).
    4. Select OFF.
    5. Power the machine OFF.
    6. Enter the 47 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 4 and 7 keys).
    7. Enter 9, 2, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
    8. Enter 0, 9, 6, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
    9. Enter 0, 9, 3, and press the START key.
    10. Power the machine OFF/ON.
    Note: When the memory board is initialized, all data is deleted.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I did exactly what you stated and now I have the following every time I turn on the copier (even if I go to mode 36 and do L detect): "Please adjust L detection". I am unable to do any copies.
    However, before doing what you mentioned when I was going to do L detect the value was 255, now its at 44. I should mention that my sensor on the developer is damaged (cracked) and will have to be replaced (this is why the value is below 60). However, before the factory reset even though it was damaged I was still able to do L detect and make copies once I entered the copy mode ( until the printer was turned off or jammed). SO what's with the "Please adjust L detection" even after L detect.

Also, whenever I click on anything on the display I don't hear the sound (I was able to hear it before, is it turned off). Is the sound turned off as default.

Sorry about that...I've honestly never seen the machine ask for an L-detection usually it just throws 26-3 codes. I have the Konica solutions on my other laptop and I'll be getting back to you shortly as to how to correct that problem. The key click sounds were probably defaulted off. Some machines come from the factory on some off...it's been so long since I've done an out of the box set up on a 7145 I can't remember how that was. Easy enough, though, you should be able to go into the key operator mode and turn it back on (just touch the Help key and there should be a tab at the bottom for key operator mode and once in there I believe it's under software switches). I'll be getting back to you shortly on the L-detect problem.

yeah, I get the L detect also when re-setting.. you just need to replace the developer and run an L-detect, that should take care of the problem, unless the cracked sensor is going to give you some problems

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Once you did the L detect in menu 36 did the message disappear and were you able to go into the copy mode ?
    Its wierd that I am unable to just do the L detect in menu 36 and go into the copy mode without having this message appear. I was able to do it before.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Selig67, once you turned off the copier and on and went to menu 36 and did the L-detect did it take care of it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi guys go to 25 next sw look for 16-3 turn it 0 and off and on the machine.that note will disapeare.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    That works great. Thank you. I don't even have to replace my damaged TDS.
    Can you please tell me how to turn on the sound (so I can hear when I click on the buttons)?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hold help button and power on look for memory switch.
    there is no glory without sacrifice