Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copy/Print/Network Tech 100+ Posts Kmdurrin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    Thanks for the info.....I'm not trying to sound rude, but swapping out a whole fixing assy between the mentioned models shouldn't cause health and safety concerns, because the sensors are still gonna blow codes if abnormal temps are reached.....I do appreciate your reply though. In your case how did you finally find out that the incorrect UFR was used? And did you just replace with the correct UFR to solve the problem?

Just swap the UFRs before you do the switch. I made a rebuild kit for the other techs in my office to take out for both these machines, and the UFR is the only part that wont cross. The base frame of the unit, and all the other related parts are useable in both machines... I've done it before with no problems.
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    Thanks for the info.....I'm not trying to sound rude, but swapping out a whole fixing assy between the mentioned models shouldn't cause health and safety concerns, because the sensors are still gonna blow codes if abnormal temps are reached.....I do appreciate your reply though. In your case how did you finally find out that the incorrect UFR was used? And did you just replace with the correct UFR to solve the problem?
    Had to stock take the techs car soon found the error. As for health and safety I would never trust sensors or thermostats to work properly. Over the years I`ve seen fusers melt down but the thermostats have remained in circuit and not blown as they are meant to. I wasn`t being alarmist but in my experience (more years than i care to think about) I`ve seen so many "odd" things happen I now prefer to play everything by the book. That way if anything does happen it`s not my fault!!! Happy mending.. Tech51