Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C451 Squares on copies ?

C451 Squares on copies ?

We have a c451 that keeps putting squares on the copies or scans. I've been told its a bad ram stick but was wondering if it could be anything else or if anyone knows of a temp fix while I'm waiting for the new stick to come. I tried some laptop memory that matched the faulty stuff exactly except for the make but the copier just spits out its dummy.

Heres what the copies look like say 1/8 will do this not exact same but very similar patterns.

Thank for any help,
    fishy

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    That is a very strange problem.

Have you tried doing a data initialize? If not, backup user data and then try that.

Also, reflash the firmware, at the very least with the same level, though preferably the latest base firmware.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C451 Squares on copies ?

Sure is was a nightmare to pin down as at first it was only showing up on scans on the computer but since swapping the slots round it transfered to prints. We are pritty sure its the ram because if you do a detail ram check it says ng on one of the tests just wish there was a way to say to the machine only use one slot. Wont even both boot with just 1 though of its 512mb rams so it needs both to even start up.

Wonder why the laptop memory would not work was the same speed 333mhz pc2700 so dimm ddr 512 8x64mb only thing I wasnt sure about was the voltage.... Konica charge £250 for one stick of ram btw O_o its only £17 for the laptop equivilent....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Yes it should be the RAM. Now, you have two of them in the machine and it's for sure only one which is defective. Do you know which one? I assume no. If you want to be 100% that it comes from RAM then try to swap them the position (the one on the top put it down and visa versa). If RAM is defective the machine won't start any more. Is that the reason why your machine didn't start with the Laptop's RAM? I mean did you try all the possibilities with the new RAM?

Had the same on a Bizhub C250.I had to walk trouth the installation procedure.In my case the machine number and the instal date where not filled in.
    This happend after a power failure.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post

Wonder why the laptop memory would not work was the same speed 333mhz pc2700 so dimm ddr 512 8x64mb only thing I wasnt sure about was the voltage.... Konica charge £250 for one stick of ram btw O_o its only £17 for the laptop equivilent....
    It looks the same, but is keyed differently. At least some of the sticks I was looking at in the office...tried to use one in my Dell. Maybe it was simply a difference such as DDR2 vs DDR3 or something simplistic like that.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.