Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technician
    Well, unfortunately this didn't help... I had it set up for PCL only, and still had lock-ups first thing this morning...

I'm very close to "lemon law" ing these two units...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveE View Post
    This gives me a little hope...

Will definitely try this (I use the PCL driver everywhere - so I'll set it to PCL - only)...

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hi dave, are these units being serviced by the konica branch in wixom? used to be albin if so call and ask for the shop mention this post.

Technician
    Well I put a Dell unmanaged switch between the BizHub and cisco switch... I had two of the dell switches so I put one on each BizHub, so same config. Got a lock-up on one within about an hour...

I've had about 7 lock-ups total just today...

I'm just gonna return them... It's not worth it... This is really starting to effect our business and I can't go another two months of trouble-shooting without making one inch of progress...

What do you guys recommend as a replacement? Something that's stable & reliable?

How about Xerox WorkCentre 7346 ???

Quote Originally Posted by konisolver View Post
    I forgot to mention to put an old (if you have any old 10/100 switch) between the copier and port on your wall. let it run on and see if it drops or locks up

Technician
    Yes, they are being serviced by Albin in Wixom (that's also who we bought them through)... That's who's been about about a dozen times (two different techs now)...

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    Hi dave, are these units being serviced by the konica branch in wixom? used to be albin if so call and ask for the shop mention this post.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    call me we will get this fixed. i should have heard of your issuse. the feild techs are suposedto contact me with ongoing problems they are haveing and ive not been called on this yet.

sparkin19
    When printing multiple print jobs, jobs will back up in the machines queue causing the machine to print slow or lock up.

Slow printing or locking up when printing multiple print jobs.

When the machine is printing multiple print jobs, the machine will cycle between print jobs. This causes the machine to slow down and if the queue fills up enough, it could lock up the machine.

The reason the machine cycles between print jobs is because the machine is checking which printer language (PCL or PS) the next print job is using. To stop this from happening, you have to tell the machine which PDL to use. To accomplish this, please perform the following:

1. Utility
    2. User Settings
    3. Printer Settings
    4. Basic Settings
    5. PDL Settings
    6. Choose PS or PCL, depending on what driver is being used.

Note: All computers that are printing to this machine will have to use the same printer language as what the machine has defaulted to (PCL or PS).

Technician
    Thanks, but I already tried this and it did not solve the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by sparkin19 View Post
    When printing multiple print jobs, jobs will back up in the machines queue causing the machine to print slow or lock up.

Slow printing or locking up when printing multiple print jobs.

When the machine is printing multiple print jobs, the machine will cycle between print jobs. This causes the machine to slow down and if the queue fills up enough, it could lock up the machine.

The reason the machine cycles between print jobs is because the machine is checking which printer language (PCL or PS) the next print job is using. To stop this from happening, you have to tell the machine which PDL to use. To accomplish this, please perform the following:

1. Utility
    2. User Settings
    3. Printer Settings
    4. Basic Settings
    5. PDL Settings
    6. Choose PS or PCL, depending on what driver is being used.

Note: All computers that are printing to this machine will have to use the same printer language as what the machine has defaulted to (PCL or PS).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    any updates? this was an interesting one!!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mailderrick View Post
    any updates? this was an interesting one!!
    Update is that I'm still in the process of trying to return these units... Still getting the lock-ups multiple times per day... They've tried everything (even physically removing the fax boards from the device) and nothing has changed....

Sad part is that all the replacement units I've looked at (Xerox, LexMark, Ricoh, etc.) have worse output quality and are slower... But at least (I hope) they wont' lock-up three or four times a day...

Dave

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

yea.i agree

that is a shame..i personally like the look of the konica machine and prints..i like the availability of their parts and they usually run at some of the lower cost per page retailed out.. I hope someone can help you as i would love to hear what solves this.has it ever locked up just doing a copy job? is it always when someone send something to the network?maybe take one off the network..turn off the networrk card and run it and see what happens?