Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CS Cemote Care

Technician

CS Cemote Care

Hi ,
    Im a Tech from Australia and just recently we hace had a few models sold with a CSRC modem attached which at this stage is only used for retreiving meter reads. I was curious as to what else CSRC does and is it a practicle device for remote diagnostics, If there are any techs/dealers out there that use CSRC any feedback on advantages/disadvantages would be appreciated. Thanks

Technician
    I meant Remote care

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Older generation devices carried this capability but relied on Fax connectivity.

Newer machines, at least in colour, from C450 and up, can send in data on a predetermined schedule. As you mentioned, meter count data. But not only that, the machine also can send in jam related information, as well as consumable data and so forth. We have our system set up to receive the information and have set thresholds for jam counts to automatically generate a service call at 50 jam events. Upon service code events, an automatic service request is generated without customer intervention.

Konica Minolta refers to this under a newer name, called V-Care. It has a two way component to it, though in our case, we are only enabling one way. Two way, if enabled, allows us to remotely access the copier to clear code events, update firmware just to name a couple capabilities.

See the attached file for a better description of V-Care.

Sorry for the way the file is attached here, unfortunately my complaint to management did not fix the issue about file size limits. There are 3 zip files. Unzip them all. Contained in each is a multivolume rar file. You will need winrar to decompress the multivolume file into a single PDF file of a measly 2.5 MB in size.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Thanks Mate