Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brischaffer's Avatar

Bizhub 350 Maintanence Mode

Hi,

Im trying to clear out the PC counter on a bizhub 350. Not that familar with this machine. I know how to get into service mode but I don't know how to get into maintanence mode. I thought it was "Utility/Counter"--"Access"--"****"(Astric) but it is not letting me in. I am trained on The NEC IT2530/3530 and that's how you get in to that one. I thought they were the same but they are not. Now I'm getting a C2557 and the customer is down. I'm heading back in the morning so any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Technician
    To clear PC counter, you need to go into service mode, press counter, then I think you press special parts counter. Press pc life then the clear button.
    The C2557 code is a ATDC sensor error, When you reset the drum on a BH350 you need to replace the developer aswell then run F8 inthe function area of service mode.

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    To enter service mode; Utility/Counter, meter count, stop, 0,0,stop,0,1, 00000000,enter. Remove the drum cartridge, and close the left side door. the display should read "Install drum cartridge" Enter service mode, press counters, in special parts, clear the first two items ( Drum, then IC ). Re-install the drum unit, then quickly , in tech rep mode, touch Function, then F8. Warning; if you have a C2557 code, you may have no choice but to install a new drum and developer. To avoid the "Change PC Drum" indication in the first place; in tech rep mode, under dipSwitch settings, change 418-58 to 418-50. This will disable the "Change PC Drum" indication from ever showing up on the display in the future.
    Kevin900

If you have C2557, you can remove it by simply re-reading the developer data again, so do the ff: Turm OFF the mechanical sw., open the right side cover, turn ON the mechanical sw, (dont close yet the right side cover) enter tech rep mode, reset the pc life & developer life counter, turn OFF the main switch, remove the IU unit from machine, turn ON the machine, then refit the IU unit, enter tech rep mode again, go to Function level, close the right side door, press F8 and press the print key as quickly as you can.

Don't forget to press "details" after utility... To enter into Tech Rep Mode, do it in the following order; Utility>details>stop>0>0>stop>0>1> then press "00000000", then press "end".

To reset PC life counter; Enter tech rep mode then go to "special parts counter", then "pc life", press the "clear key". Turn OFF the main switch (mechanical sw, wait for 5sec before ON).

To reset the developer counter, do the same procedures as the PC life counter.

The resetting counter of IU life & dev life is the most important part of C2557, if you don't do it properly, Code 2557 will surely appear again right after F8 or after some copies. Must reset the IU life & dev life separately. So, to make sure that you reset tose lifes, you have to go back to the same counters and see to it that the life are cleared or else you have to repeat again the resetting procedures.

Note: reset 1st the PC life & developer life counter before removing IU from machine.

After resetting, I expect that you will get a very dark copies ! You can clean the comb wire & you can manipulate the copy quality on bias value and grid value at printing level mode (note: that is just for time being only & to scape from customer / the rest, you have to follow the maitenance replacement procedures as described on the manual).

at your service,
    You may think I'm new here, but I'm too old in copier industry > a 2 decades copier tech !!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brischaffer's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!! Got there early and fixed it. Running like new!

Thanks again,

Brian