Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C6500 with Fiery IC-408 embedded Print Controller

Hi.

I have a C6500 with IC-408 Fiery embedded print controller. About 6 months ago the "controller" button suddenly disappear from the control panel in the machine. I have turned it off and on and the controller appear again but it became more frequently in the latest days and today the "controller" button dissapear from the control panel and I do the same, turned off and on the fiery but the machine doesn't recognize the fiery.

Can you give some advice to fix this?

Thank you!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    The Hard drive of the Fiery might be going out or it's full. Do you know the IP of the Fiery? Can you ping it? Have you tried connecting to it with Command Workstation?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi. I tried to connect with Command WorkStation but It says server connection error. The status of the fiery start with FF then some numbers and then FF again and nothing more.

I Ping it and everything seems ok Packages sent = 4 receive = 4 Lost = 0. I enter in my web browser address: http://192.168.1.124/ and I can see the panel to edit the preferences of the fiery but it says: Please enable SNMP and the title of the page is "Error". I tried to enter into Admin Mode to see if I can do something. I enter the password: "Fiery.1" but it says it is incorrect.

How can I delete the files in the HDD of the fiery? Can I connect it as slave in a PC to erase the files? If the HDD has gone can I buy some HDD and make the fiery works?

Regards.
    Last edited by drodas78; 03-16-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I can't remember if server clear deletes the jobs or all the settings for the fiery.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    I can't remember if server clear deletes the jobs or all the settings for the fiery.
    What do you mean? Can I run a command to instruct the fiery to clear all the jobs?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Server Clear (from the setup menu or Command Workstation) clears all job data from the Fiery without touching any of the Fiery settings.

By the sounds of it, you might have an HDD that has slowly failed. Chances are that you will need to replace the HDD in the Fiery and then reload the system software. If you have another IC-408 available to you, then I would suggest cloning the HDD out of the good one, then replacing the HDD in the bad controller and using the image from the good controller on the new HDD.

This is much quicker than manually laoding the system software onto the Fiery.

I would recommend using something such as Acronis or Ghost to create you image from the working HDD. Acronis is easier to use than Ghost, so I would go for that if you don't have any experience cloning HDD's.

Hope this helps.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you for your answer! Unfortunatly I don't have another Fiery IC408 in my whole country. I'm from Guatemala. I'm wondering if you can help me further more.

I can use Acronis but I need the image files. Can you upload it to a torrent or can you send me copy of the image files in DVD trough DHL? I would pay for your job and for the transportation cost. I really need your help. And I will appreciate it very much.

Or I would appreciate if you can give me directions to upload the system software onto the fiery manually in a new HDD.

Warmest regards.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Si@danwood's Avatar
    Try just reloading the system software,this is on a disk that will have been supplied with Fiery.It takes about an hour and 3/4 and will be the fastest way of getting the machine working,whilst you decide wether to go down the route of sourcing an alternate HDD!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately, my image for the controller is 29GB, so uploading it is out of the question and I don't have the system software disks as I use my image.

I am sure that there would be someone with in these forums that would supply you with a copy of the system software DVD and the instructions for the restore can be found in the service manual for the IC-408.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Si@danwood View Post
    Try just reloading the system software,this is on a disk that will have been supplied with Fiery.It takes about an hour and 3/4 and will be the fastest way of getting the machine working,whilst you decide wether to go down the route of sourcing an alternate HDD!
    Can you give me the instructions to reload the system software?

Thank you!