Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gjbrady2
    I am running Windows 7 so the new layout is different than the one that you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Here is a docco that I did up years ago for the guys I work with. This will show you how to setup IIS and get the FTP side of things going. Using IIS, you don't have to create additional usernames and passwords as IIS has the builtin 'anonymous' account that you can use.

When using FTP, you don't have to share the root / home folder out unless there are other people on your network that you want to be able to access the scans.

Other than that, I would still recommend SMB as the data transfer speeds are faster and you don't have to install further software. Most people that still use FTP have either a special need for it, or don't want to learn how to use SMB correctly. SMB is definately the way to go.

gjbrady2
    I did this setup and the printed is telling me its a log in error.

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    SCAN TO SMB
    1) Create and configure shared folder on your C drive

2) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into
    the address bar and press Go
    3) Click on the SCAN tab at the top
    4) Click on New Registration and choose SMB
    5) Enter in the Name of the button to appear on the machine and select the
    Index in which it is to appear under.
    6) Type in the IP Address of the computer as the ‘Host Address’. You can also
    use the Computer Name found under the Properties of My Computer by putting a
    tick in the box ‘Please check to enter host name’.
    This must be typed in using
    upper case.

7) Type in the SHARE NAME of the folder you created in step 1
    8) Type in the User Name and Password you uses when you log into
    your computer first thing in the morning. If this does not work, a new user must
    be set up on the PC just for SMB scanning.
    9) Click Apply and then OK

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts connecticcut's Avatar
    thanks for informations.i call always a network man for the scan...Now i try to install the scan

thanks so much

gjbrady2

Scan to SMB

I have tried this and I keep getting a error message.

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    SCAN TO SMB
    1) Create and configure shared folder on your C drive

2) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into
    the address bar and press Go
    3) Click on the SCAN tab at the top
    4) Click on New Registration and choose SMB
    5) Enter in the Name of the button to appear on the machine and select the
    Index in which it is to appear under.
    6) Type in the IP Address of the computer as the ‘Host Address’. You can also
    use the Computer Name found under the Properties of My Computer by putting a
    tick in the box ‘Please check to enter host name’.
    This must be typed in using
    upper case.

7) Type in the SHARE NAME of the folder you created in step 1
    8) Type in the User Name and Password you uses when you log into
    your computer first thing in the morning. If this does not work, a new user must
    be set up on the PC just for SMB scanning.
    9) Click Apply and then OK

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    C250 FTP Scan Setup

Sorry, but I did this docco before Windows 7 and Vista were released. Otherwise the basics are still there to get IIS running and configured. As for the SMB scanning issues, you might need to check the permissions of the shared folder. Do you know if you are on a domain or just a workgroup?

Quote Originally Posted by gjbrady2 View Post
    I am running Windows 7 so the new layout is different than the one that you posted.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    with Win 7 check the firewall. Norton blocks it by default. Also you can not use the currently logged in user account or it fails. The machine and the win 7 machine have to be on the same workgroup or it can fail. I have only set up scan to smb on win7 by using the ip address (make sure it is static) and configuring a new user with password, and configuring the file with full read/write permissions for the shared folder.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

c_stoean

great post

thanks all of you who replyed.

mirsofy

Re: C250 FTP Scan Setup

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Here is a docco that I did up years ago for the guys I work with. This will show you how to setup IIS and get the FTP side of things going. Using IIS, you don't have to create additional usernames and passwords as IIS has the builtin 'anonymous' account that you can use.

When using FTP, you don't have to share the root / home folder out unless there are other people on your network that you want to be able to access the scans.

Other than that, I would still recommend SMB as the data transfer speeds are faster and you don't have to install further software. Most people that still use FTP have either a special need for it, or don't want to learn how to use SMB correctly. SMB is definately the way to go.
    thanks