Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub C350 ic-401 fiery HD died

Hello,
    I've got an ic-401 with a dead hard drive and don't have the system disk to install a new HD.
    The old HD is to far gone to clone and it's the only C350 with a fiery I service. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    Thanks.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Dont' have a good Fiery that you can clone? That would be the easiest thing to do.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

It looks like I will have to buy another fiery and clone the drive to fix this one. I guess I can sell the extra fiery afterwards.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ac3243 View Post
    It looks like I will have to buy another fiery and clone the drive to fix this one. I guess I can sell the extra fiery afterwards.
    Yeah, unless ya got the IEEE software and a laptop (or PC_ with a parallel port you can drag too it, that is the easiest.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C350 ic-401 fiery HD died

You should be able to download the System Software for the Fiery and manually re-install it on to a new HDD if you don't have an image for it. There also should have been the System Software included on the disk that came with your Fiery.

Have a look through the service manual for the Fiery and it will tell you how to install the System Software from scratch.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

That's not a very helpful reply. Since EFI is so free with download access and nobody is offering a contact at Konica-Minolta to apply for download access, it doesn't do much good to point out that you should be able to download what is needed to repair the fiery. All manufacturer's should offer access to firmware and any software needed to support the equiptment the SELL to businesses and then make it very hard for the customer to do anything without going back to the manufacturer for support. I've got customers that have had service contracts with the dealers they purchased from and thier copiers never got any software or firmware updates during the years they were under contract. I get called in after they are frustrated and don't want to pay anymore for poor (mostly dealer) service with nothing to show for the money. You would almost think the industry wants you to lease equiptment and beat the hell out of it instead of purchasing and taking care of it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    check your pm

Replaced the HD. A 160Gb works and you get a bit over 120Gb reported as free space. A 120Gb yields about 98Gb free space. Both work and the fiery is back to normal.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    that was nice of you to help the guy with firmware..if i ever need any i hope i can find someone like you .and if i can ever help with anything let me know.

ahmlogitecno

Re: Bizhub C350 ic-401 fiery HD died

Quote Originally Posted by ac3243 View Post
    Replaced the HD. A 160Gb works and you get a bit over 120Gb reported as free space. A 120Gb yields about 98Gb free space. Both work and the fiery is back to normal.
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and I don't find the firmware, I try to make an image from faulty hard disk and copying to a new disk, but It doesn't work, data seems to be corrupted.

Could you help me? do you still have that file (disk image, installer, ...)?

Thanks in advance.