Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

BZ350 strange LCC problem

Hi all, have an odd fault with a BZ350 fitted with an LCC. After about 20 prints the machine will stop and say please load paper in the appropriate tray and highlight the LCC. On opening and closing it the machine will do a few more and then do the same thing. If the job is deleted when the message comes up and a new job started without opening/closing the drawer it will do another 20 or so and then bring up the message. It doesn`t jam, just says load paper. Parts changed so far include.. entire (known to be good) lcc, pwb A, mfbs board and power supply. Firmware has been reloaded and still the fault continues.
    Has anyone seen this before? Your help would be appreciated...

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did this happen after the DB had been service?
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    tech51, I would approach this from the mechanical angle. Take out the paper feed unit, and check that the sensors and actuators are fine. Also, the rear of the paper drawer pushes against a white lever on the paper feed unit. This rear drawer/white lever tells the machine the paper present. On some model LCC's, you can adjust the front panel of the paper drawer a little further away from the rear of the copier, for better contact. On other machines, you could try beefing up the rear of the drawer, where it meets the lever with a wedge of folded paper taped in place. Also check that little clip that holds the drawer shut, sometimes the drawer will pop out slightly, mid copy run. Good luck.
    Kevin900

The LCC has a mechanical latch no white clip like a standard paper drawer. Sorry I just noticed that you said you changed the entire LCC with a known working unit. Does this happen when copying or only when printing? If it is only when printing maybe some one is sending a job to the machine specifying the LCC but the page size doesn't match what is in the drawer.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.

It happens when copying or printing. As I said if you want 50 copies for example it will do 15-20 then come up with the message,lcc in/out it will carry on then do it again and again until the job is finished. As I said very strange. The machine was working fine for about 2 1/2 years with no unusual faults until now.

MR CLEAN OC
    When you swapped out the lcc did you also replace the ribbon cable connecting it to machine, the harness and the small board in the back of lcc?

Quote Originally Posted by MR CLEAN OC View Post
    When you swapped out the lcc did you also replace the ribbon cable connecting it to machine, the harness and the small board in the back of lcc?
    Yes

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    replace the mc board. seems that its not seeing the evevator up signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    replace the mc board. seems that its not seeing the evevator up signal.
    Already replaced the machine boards, no joy there.

I just experienced this exact same problem yesterday. Change feed tires and One-way clutches and all is well.