Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Thanks for your help guys.

The ADF is working now .

It shows me now a message:

clean the slit glass located on the far left

I did cleaned it even if it was not dirty . but the messages dont go away.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C452 ADF not avaible

You bought a C452 but you cannot afford to call a technician? If nobody is near you, from where did you bought the machine?! Just call those guys, most likely they will help you.

Technician
    i can afford it , but i want to learn as much as possible about this machine and service the machine by myself to keep the downtime as low as possible.

As i say we are located middle in the bush , and not in a perfect world like europe.

C452 ADF not avaible

Europe is not the perfect world, but it is ok, from my point of view

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remstaler View Post
    i can afford it , but i want to learn as much as possible about this machine and service the machine by myself to keep the downtime as low as possible.

As i say we are located middle in the bush , and not in a perfect world like europe.
    So perfect some people left it a couple of hundred years ago to start a new.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

C452 ADF not avaible

I don't want to start this discussion, this is why I didn't tell you that it's not perfect but it's better compared with US.
    After all, we are all technicians, we are talking this universal language called English, some better, some worst. So, peace to all

Technician
    by the way,, i am original German and i was working all over europe and USA and now i am located in Central Africa.

peace

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Have you tried cleaning the optics ? With the machine unplugged, Take your #2 Phillips-head screwdriver, and remove the plastic panels that surround the big glass. Some of the panels are also held on with plastic tabs, like a kid's snap together plastic car model, so don't force anything. You may need to remove screws, and wiggle the panels off. Remove the glass and with a very clean cloth, clean all the mirrors, and the underside of the platen glasses. You can gently slide the scanner to expose the mirrors. Be gentle. Perhaps in the bush, things are dusty. Most of these machines are in comparitively sanitary conditions, and cleaning the optics is almost old school now. Maybe it's necessary in a dusty enviroment. Sounds like an adventure being a copier guy in Africa. Flying helicopters to fix copiers is pretty cool and high tech, yet has left me a little soft in the middle. For a small investment, the service manual can easily be purchased. Look under the Service Manual Request portion of this site. The Disassembly/Reassembly portions of the download alone, will make the small fee worthwhile.
    Last edited by KEVIN900; 04-22-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Kevin900