Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

C452 ADF not avaible

Hello ,

i get a message :

the adf is currently not avaible.

Its time for the sheduled inspection of the device.

I was logged in into the service mode but i dont can see any settings for the ADF.

who can guide me in this case ?

THX

Technician
    after i did a trouble reset, the ADF is working again, but now i get a message :

It is time for the scheduled inspection of the device.

How i do the inspection ?

Regards

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Call your local dealer/branch to come out and fix it?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    Thats really the answer that i waiting for !

We are located 200 Km north of lubumbashi in the Congo, Middle in the bush. There is no local dealer that i can call for fix it.

I need help from some professionals here in the forum.

Thx

It's due for a PM sounds like. Yes you can zero out the counter but... if ya don't put the parts in it's a ticking time bomb.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    i do want to change parts if nessesary, but if someone can just tell me when to replace what, and when to check what , and when to reste what , than i wil be happy and dont need to fly in someone from SA.

Thx

Do this,
    Goto the machine and hit the utility button, then hit #4 I think it says "consumables" or "life" or something like that. You should see the IU's and the fuser counter as well as the transfer counter. If any one of those have all the boxes filled in then they are going to need to be replaced.

Technician
    I did checked all the consumables and they have none or just one indicator filed. The copier is like new and have a total counter on only 26000 pages.

It shows me now a message:

clean the slit glass located on the far left

I did cleaned it even if it was not dirty . but the messages dont go away.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I understand your fustrations with one of the above posts, but this is mainly a forum for "qualified" techs seeking assistance with problems on machines (or families of machines) they have at least some knowledge on. "Get a dealer to look at the problem" is the best answer up there for someone who is not a KM tech. I understand your logistics problem, but what are you going to do when you induce a real problem that requires board replacement or firmware reflashing, post the following..."I need service manuals, firmware, firmware write tool, and step by step instructions on how to fix my problem". Maybe for such a remote location you should have bought a less complicated MFP. That being said....this family of MFPs has the ability to lock out several sections when a problem is detected so the rest of the functions can be used...ie tray 1, stapling, bypass functions etc. Its possible that the MFP has detected a problem with the ADF and has locked it down. In service mode, system 1, there is a trouble isolation section. Check to see if the ADF is disabled there. You can "unset" it and trouble shoot the problem form there. Emujo
    Last edited by emujo; 04-19-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: additional info

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Start with basic ADF maintenance, remstaler. Arm yourself with a #2 Phillips head screwdriver, can of spray-air, or compressed air, a clean rag, a clean paint brush, rubbing alcohol, all-purpose cleaner, and a break/fix plan. A small flat-blade screwdriver and needle-nose pliers may also be needed. Remove whatever panels you can, open everything up, and clean out with paint brush & canned air. Dampen your clean rag with the alcohol and thoroughly clean all rubber & plastic rollers. Turn them to clean all the way around. Start at the top and work your way down. You'll find plastic sensors & their actuators, hit them with the air, make sure they move freely, and spring back when touched. These ADF's love to be clean. Lift up the feeder, and don't be afraid to remove a panel, spiff up what's inside, than reassemble. Don't completely take it apart, but distinguish different sections of the feeder, and tackle them one at a time. Give yourself a calm hour, and you'll figure it out, just asking for help means you're not afraid to try, you're half-way there.
    Kevin900