Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BizHub 600

BizHub 600

hello guys i need your expertise regarding the problem of my 1 BH600 the problem was the sand clock only shows in the screen no KM logo although it initializing fusing are warming up i have change the printer control board,I/O board and even the DCPS but still same problem show, Need your help guys thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    BizHub 600

The operation panel displays an hourglass and does not continue to the "Ready to Copy" screen.
    Description:
    Solution:
    PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. The files on the System or the Image CF card are corrupt.
    Reinitialize the code on both CF cards. The Image CF card is accessible through the right side of the machine between the two serial connectors (there may be a cover over it). The System CF card is located on the back of the System Board. Follow these steps in order:

• Delete the files on the CF cards. DO NOT FORMAT THE CARDS.
    • Obtain the Image Base and system Base files from the Download Selector.
    • Expand the base files and copy them onto the corresponding CF cards.
    • Flash the firmware to the current level.

Notes:
    a. Both cards must be reinitialized at the same time. Doing only one card will not correct the problem.
    b. Instead of deleting the files from the CF cards, you may want to cut-and-paste them to a temporary folder and then install the new code. This process seems to be more stable than just deleting the files. Once the files are placed on the CF cards, delete the old files.

2. The System Control CF card was not installed on a newly installed System CB.
    Remove the System Control CF card from the back of the original board and install it on the current board.

• System Control Board CF Assembly (p/n 57AE -952 1E)
    • System Control Board for a bizhub 750 (p/n 57AA -906 2E)
    • System Control Board for a bizhub 600 (p/n 57BA -906 2E)

3. After updating firmware, the system control CF becomes corrupt.
    VxWorks® formatting is not on the card. Reorder the CF card (p/n 57AE -952 1E) and reinstall the CF base code.
    Notes:
    a. The latest version CF base code is available on the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    b. The CF base code files can be used to replace damaged base code on the CF card or be placed on a new (blank) CF card formatted with VxWorks®.
    CAUTION: The system and image CF cards should never be formatted with the Microsoft® Windows format. To rewrite the base code, delete the files and folders on the CF card, then copy the files and folders contained under the CF base folder.

4. Failed Image control board.
    Replace the Image control board (p/n 57AA -901 6G) and flash the firmware to the latest version. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.

Technician
    Sounds like a bad NVRAM to me, if you have another 600 you can pop one off of, try swapping it out. If you don't have a spare, you'll have to jump through hoops to get a new one (NVRAM contains bank note recognition unit)

Quote Originally Posted by bizhub1 View Post
    The operation panel displays an hourglass and does not continue to the "Ready to Copy" screen.
    Description:
    Solution:
    PROBABLE CAUSES:
    Reinitialize the code on both CF cards. The Image CF card is accessible through the right side of the machine between the two serial connectors (there may be a cover over it). The System CF card is located on the back of the System Board. Follow these steps in order:

Notes:
    a. Both cards must be reinitialized at the same time. Doing only one card will not correct the problem.
    b. Instead of deleting the files from the CF cards, you may want to cut-and-paste them to a temporary folder and then install the new code. This process seems to be more stable than just deleting the files. Once the files are placed on the CF cards, delete the old files.

2. The System Control CF card was not installed on a newly installed System CB.
    Remove the System Control CF card from the back of the original board and install it on the current board.

• System Control Board CF Assembly (p/n 57AE -952 1E)
    • System Control Board for a bizhub 750 (p/n 57AA -906 2E)
    • System Control Board for a bizhub 600 (p/n 57BA -906 2E)

3. After updating firmware, the system control CF becomes corrupt.
    VxWorks® formatting is not on the card. Reorder the CF card (p/n 57AE -952 1E) and reinstall the CF base code.
    Notes:
    a. The latest version CF base code is available on the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    b. The CF base code files can be used to replace damaged base code on the CF card or be placed on a new (blank) CF card formatted with VxWorks®.
    CAUTION: The system and image CF cards should never be formatted with the Microsoft® Windows format. To rewrite the base code, delete the files and folders on the CF card, then copy the files and folders contained under the CF base folder.

4. Failed Image control board.
    Replace the Image control board (p/n 57AA -901 6G) and flash the firmware to the latest version. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    Yip ,there is however a program out to write these cards without going through the whole cut and paste deal , we have tried it with no pleasure .Just try another cf card from the factory it costs alot but it saves more.I hate this new konica shit they rub off on us.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    BizHub 600

any change in this issue? still no program to VxWorks format/write the proper files to the 2 CF cards in a BH600 ??

the more proprietary.. the less reliable!

thx..

Walter 100+ Posts
    How you all doing guys ? I've got a very similar problem. A 750 popped a "c4707". I didn't go for the laser at 1st. Reason being is that it wouldn't let me into techrep/Srvc mode. Right side of screen empty, while left side only showed meter, word detail & end or exit. S-00-S-01 did nothing. I reset w/Utility for trouble clear & w/Print board button. Reboots into "4707". Been working on minoltas for long time. Was there for the merger. Never had a laser go on me in a minolta or kon/min. Other brands don't act like this w/laser fail. Started w/image board, print & main boards from a "600 though". Before powering up, I put in 750's original CF cards & NVram. That did nothing. Changed laser. Put all original board, cards & NVram. All ok but fuser not coming on. 5min still no code. What do you think ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    BizHub 600

bh600/750 cf cards

i always start with a "rebuild" of the 2 cf cards.. cut dont delete the files off of them... then load base firmware, then ver 17, 20 then 30..
    also i thought if the drum unit/tgr/cl blade area is packed with toner and soiling the photo sensors there.. that'll cause wierd freezing/ fuser warmup probs... good luck!

Walter 100+ Posts
    Tnx

Kronic Copier Ninja 100+ Posts kronical's Avatar

Re: BizHub 600

Quote Originally Posted by bizhub1 View Post

So, how can you delete the files off the CF Card and copy the new files to it, if it's in a proprietary format that windows does not recognize, and you can't reformat the card???
    If you KM guys have a utility, we Oce guys would love to know about it.

Thanks in advance,

K

Technician

Re: BizHub 600

Im having the same problem, does anyone have the firmware they be willing to share