Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    konica minolta c250 scanning question

before replacing the machine make sure the C353 doesn't have the same K/M Emperom controller because you will be back in the same boat. The only way that is going to print 11 x 17 full color is if it has a Fiery controller.

I'd expect a C353 to be quicker at printing simply due to a faster/more modern processor on the controller. The additional memory is a plus as well. How much quicker, it's hard to say. But yeah, a GIS document is gonig to have alot of data.

I'd have to agree that it sounds like a good account for a fiery.
    Did I have a dream, or did the dream have me?

Kyocera-Mita/Konica-Minolta/Ricoh-Lanier
    HP/Lexmark/etc etc etc

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

well I went and entered in the part number to place a mock order of the c353. and sure enough they are gone. so now I will look at the c360
    by the looks at it. it has a 2g memory and a 250 gb hdd. my question would be. with the ps psl and xps controller and the additional memory over the c250 would this print faster then the c250? also I noticed that there is no fiery available for the c360? I appreciate your help. sorry to bother anyone if I have..

brent

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I looked again. and did find a ic 412 efi image controller. is that the same as the fiery? will that provide faster printing?

brent

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Brent, yes a EFI is the comapny that makes Fiery controllers. Seems I might have been wrong with what I posted about the Emperon. I called my friend at Konica / Minolta and he said the C250 does NOT have an Emperon controller. He said it is an NEC made machine so it wouldn't have K/M's Emperon controller in it. He said the new K/M's with the Emperon controller should print full color 11 x 17's with no problem. He suggested getting your customers file and try printing on a machine before buying it. Of course you would need to know someone with a K/M machine with Emperon to try it first.