Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Bizhub c350 ghosting

Working on bizhub c350 it is ghosting on blacks prints and copies. No ghosting on yellow/green or blue, when you do a single color copy, unless it right after a black copy, then the black ghosting hangs on for a few copies befor it clears up. I changed the black drum out about 3 weeks ago. Used new oem. And that stopped the problem at the time but now it is back again. Gonna try another drum tomarrow just because i don't know what else to do. Any thoughts? Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Open the front door and give the little blue knob on the black IU a few pulls in and out. This is the corona cleaner. Next go into admin mode (I believe it's in there) and run the reset and stabilize a couple of times.
    After that try a gradation adjustment, and see if it works for ya.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ok thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Hope it works. I hate to waste another drum.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ok, tryed all that good stuff. (tech rep mode by the way) no good. But i replaced the drum again and i have great copies again. What is up with this copier. I got rid of the problem befor with a new drum but, it did not last but a few thousand copies. The drum doesn't even have one bar on it. Maybe i am not discribing the problem properly. The image reapears (faded) about six inches from the original image, but only black copies. I'm really tired. Hope you get what i am trying to say.

Maybe the cleaning blade is not doing it's job properly.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    You talking about the drum cleaning blade? Cause i have tried several drums. First one was a rechip so it might have been bad. But the second one was oem new. Worked for a while then started the ghosting or double imaging down the page after a few thousand copies. I am hoping it was just a bad drum. Anybody ever get a bad drum direct from konica? I know the rechips don't always do a good job, but this was new oem.

Ya printing on just regular paper? And this only happens on black?

MagBus
    Could be a bad print head(K) sometimes you can swap them with another color and see if it transfers to that color. BTW i have received a bad K IU once for a C451 which has the same IU. But i don't mean to say that they're always bad or you have a bad one.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub c350 ghosting

No one mentioned it, but sometimes ghosting is caused by dirty printheads. Forget the cleaning jig - remove the belt and the IUs and then clean the printheads with a soft cloth slightly moist. It usually does the trick.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Usually when I have ghosting on one of these, I take the wand and put water or alcohol on the pad and scrub the L.E.D.real hard. Then change the pad and rub with a dry one. You really have to bare down and scrub hard.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking