Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 won't go to ready after HD installed

Quote Originally Posted by Cantechman View Post
    I would get the firmware from my technical support site. I thought you were a tech with access to that site. I don't know how you get it without access.
    I am a tech, but not with access to the KM tech support site - I'm an independent.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    Your machine is prolly looking for the hard drive, thats why it constantly reboots. It will more than likely work if you have the HD installed....with the power supply of course......
    Update: Proper power supply installed, firmware updated, total clear, and things are working again. Copying and printing function normally.

Except the hard drive. I set it to see the hard drive in System Input. When I go to Admin Mgmt I enter the password and immediately get a screen telling me to turn the machine off and on if I have changed the hard drive settings and giving me the option to format. I turn the machine off and on, come back to this screen, try to format and get this message: "Unable to format hard disk. Please turn the machine off and on." I turn the machine off and on and it goes back to the no hard drive setting in System Input.

I have tried this numerous times. I checked the output voltage of the newly installed power supply (okay). I even tried a different hard drive, one that I knew to be good.

So, I'm back where I started, but at least the copier is working.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is the hdd ribbon cable plugged in the correct way (yes it is possible!) ?

Regards!
    A.

I agree....flip the cable over and try again....each time you cycle power after a "NG" format of the HD, the machine will automatically change the hard drive setitng in system input back to "no"
    "do the day and let the day do you!"

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    I agree....flip the cable over and try again....each time you cycle power after a "NG" format of the HD, the machine will automatically change the hard drive setitng in system input back to "no"
    "do the day and let the day do you!"
    Yes, I know that now. :-)

I checked the cable numerous times, and it came out of a working machine, so it is sort of pre-formed into the correct alignment, but I will certainly try it the other way.

I also inspected it visually. Pin one on the drive is on the end with the 4 jumper pins, and pin one on the board connecter is the end away from the corner of the board, closest to the NVRAM chip. Red stripe on the ribbon cable goes pin 1 to pin 1. Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

At any rate, thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

It should look like this:

DSC00903 1..jpg

Hans

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    It should look like this:

DSC00903 1..jpg

Hans
    And that is indeed exactly how it does look. Thanks again for putting up these images, which really clarify things.

I think we can rule out an incorrectly connected ribbon cable.

Any other ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well, all things being equal and if the hdd setup (psu and hdd and cable etc) were a known good working pull from another machine (bh200 series etc), you've done the cable, PSU, hdd, firmware. Set hdd to enable and tried to format it with a ng result.. I'd be leaning towards that main board there.. Not sure if there is much else to try!... pull whole rig and try on another machine maybe if it's feasible?

Regards!
    A.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    Well, all things being equal and if the hdd setup (psu and hdd and cable etc) were a known good working pull from another machine (bh200 series etc), you've done the cable, PSU, hdd, firmware. Set hdd to enable and tried to format it with a ng result.. I'd be leaning towards that main board there.. Not sure if there is much else to try!... pull whole rig and try on another machine maybe if it's feasible?

Regards!
    A.
    Thanks for the suggestions. The hdd, etc. did indeed come from a working machine (a bh200, actually) plus I have tried a second hdd, checked the cable, installed and checked the psu, etc. I guess I'll try another main board. I just wanted to make sure that there was not some obscure soft switch setting or something that I was overlooking.