Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Konica 7025 scrambled copies

I am working on a 7025 that scrambles the copies when useing the radf only. I changed the radf but no help. If copying adocument with lines on it it will misalighn the lines and or put dark bixes on the page it's (hard to discribe) anybody have a clue?

Attach some samples so we can see them. Did you try reseating connectors on the main board? We had a couple of this series do some weird things and reseating solved it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    sample 2_Page_1..jpgYes reseated connectors. No Good. See original and copy attached. Thanks.sample 2_Page_2..jpg

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Ya sure the "connector of death" is ok? Also... if it has some ram installed on it, try taking that out and reseating it. I kinda wanna lean towards bad ram.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ok, define "connector of death". No way it could be the write unit, because it only happens when useing the radf right? although it happens so rarely that i can not be really sure of the radf thing.......JUST CHECKED FOR EXTRA RAM NON INSTALLED.
    Last edited by copierlady; 05-22-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Got a hard drive installed in it? Maybe a format of the drive might help. Hmmm...

the "connector of death" is the ribbon cable that comes down from the CCD to the main board. Usually when you take that ribbon off the connector breaks. Usually because people are not "gentle enough" when removing said connector. It breaks and usually ya have to get the board replace to fix it. Although I've (as well as others I'm sure) have come up with a "fix" for it. Well... maybe not "fix" but at least the copier works again.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    No hard drive. Cable looks fine. ???

Technical Analyst 100+ Posts remielee's Avatar
    if you are using the platten glass without radf its work fine? or its thesame? how many copies you made before the bad copies appear?

- make some test pattern see if the copies are good, if good theres no problem of the ip board, ram and write unit, drum carriage,
    - if you are using platen glass and make many copies and theres no bad copies appear it means theres no problem of the board or in the ram or in the ccd unit,
    -if you are usinng platen glass and make many copies then the bad copies appear check the ip board and ram, remember that the digital machines are scan ones copy many it means the image that has been scan was transport or goes to the temporary memory of the IP board if these temporary memory malfunctions it gives a bad copies that its hard to explain.(the characters crack, scramble,not align, many fonts and etc.)
    - but if the problems only appear when you are using the radf it means that there are some mis alignment of the platen glass, scratch, of deform roller of the radf, try to clean the platen glass which the paper feed on when you are using the radf. try to check alsso the scanner of the optics.

hope it will help you.

good luck.
    Last edited by remielee; 05-22-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: wrong words