Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copydude

Exclamation C5500 Fiery Faulting// Help

Help... I have a C5500pro with the Fiery x3eTY2
    Server type
    N103rccs(65C-KM)

Until this morning all has been fine... I tried to print and I got faults, but I was talking to the server..
    Using Command WorkStation I told the server to reboot..

It has not posted since.. I can no longer connect to the server..

I manually rebooted th fiery and the copier.. It is also not communicating with the copier

the LED display

goes to 75 freezes for a few (30ish) seconds then two more numbers.. until 96 at which time it displays FF (fault?)

I have removed it. and it wasn't too dusty, Took the cover off, all fans are functioning , hard drive is spinning, took off the vga port cover and the US covers, connected a key board , monitor and a mouse.. IT looks like the mother board is all good, loads stc.. starts windows xp .. that is where it crashes.. just starts loading and it hits the FF code.. blank screen... even tried to boot in VGA mode...
    went into set-up not alot there,, didn't change anything.. there was a mod to load with default.. didn't choose that.. just escaped no changes...
    this looks like the OS is not starting..

how would I deal with this?

slave it on my computer and ghost it?

connect a Sata disc drive and try to repair windows ?

try it the same on my computer .. as a primary and try a repair?

also, I see a ethernet plug on my copier, does this mean that is has a built in processor also? \

If so how do I communicate with it..

(sory for the repost.. but I am dead.. also new possible owner in the mornign.. I NEED thsi up)

copydude
    does anyone have a suggestion?

Technician
    It seems to me that you need to start with system software reload
    To clone the HDD will not help ( the IC-408) is coming up with FF )
    Only two things could be faulty HDD (i know you said it's spining however it can still be damaged) or System software
    GO with the cheapest option first ...System software
    Load it via the USB port on the IC-408

let us know if you came right

copydude
    the only problem I have is that.

I don't have the software.. I am more enduser than tech. is there anywhere I can download the appropriate software? I am in a bind.. I am selling my business and if the processor isn't working on my Color Copier.. that does not bode well for my perspective sale

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like your only alternative is to call a tech and have them re-image - the software isn't downloadable from anywhere, and installing it isn't as straightforward as you may think.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    There is one other thing to try. This depends on your tech skills.
    Power off the machine and the fiery and unplug from the wall. On the fiery pwb there is watch battery (called the cmos). Remove this and jump the leads for about a minute then reinstall the battery and power on the machine. I have seen other fiery's with this error and if there is nothing else wrong this will reload the cmos from the eprom instead of the flash memory.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

copydude
    I saw a portion of this on another post... Sorry for the ignorance.. I removed the battery.. but how would I jump leads?

copydude
    okay removed the battery, and touched the neg and pos on the the batteries post,,, Also to be sure I waited about 10 min... still get the FF code... BUT I noticed that 75 is when it is detecting the ide drives and the it is faulting when it is verifying the pool data.. just before it tries to load windows xp