Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

C652 power cycling

Just an FYI...we had a C652 that a user inadvertently pulled the RU connector while it was powered up. After this the MFP would come up to the splash screen, generate a C-D272, and power itself off and this would repeat until main power was shut off. Trouble reset was the same, Trouble reset would display, but then MFP would reset itself again. Tried f/w reload, PRCB, and power supply with no help. We had to drop MFP back to ver 26 just to get into service mode where we could now re-install hdd and then go back to ver 90. Hope this info will save someone from pulling out their hair. Emujo

Picko63

Re: C652 power cycling

G’day All,

This is my first post on here after lurking in the shadows for a few months.

Been in the industry for almost 20 years – the majority of that on Xerox gear, with a bit of Canon, Toshiba and Panasonic thrown in for brief periods. Lately, though, Develop is my beast. So thank-you to all the posters out there who contribute solutions which assist guys like me through the learning curve we all face when we tackle unfamiliar brands with all their little nuances. Much like a new woman, really…

Which brings me to my post, which is a response to the gentleman above for his unsolicited advice which (eventually) allowed me to fix a troublesome machine of my own.

Our showroom Develop ineo+ 452 was showing the same symptoms as the machine above. It just kept cycling and you couldn’t enter trouble reset – it was unresponsive. Tried the i-option memory, HDD and the MFP board. All to no avail. I had tried the earliest version of the 452 firmware (similar to above), but this didn’t help either. As a last resort, I downloaded and installed the earliest 552/652 firmware (Version 26 – as per above). Success! Of course, the machine bleated that the consumables were the wrong type, but I was able to enter service mode and re-install the HDD. After reloading the correct firmware, all was good. Until the next day, when the same issue returned. So I did the same procedure over, only this time I re-formatted the HDD as well. That was two weeks ago and all still seems to be well.

I apologise for the length of the post but, like the post above, I hope I have been able to save someone from chasing their tail for longer than necessary. So, thanks to emujo (who has probably forgotten this was even posted) and to all the other posters whose advice helps on these forums.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Awe shucks....that made my day...Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for sharing that info, emujo!
    I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?

Many thanks for this solution.

Even the KM Hotline in Germany did not know this.

We just use it for a bizhub C552 and tried it with FW 59 but it continuously startet with reboot.

Now it works fine !