Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

minolta di550 c0040 error

we have 2 550's - in the last 2 months one has an occasional c0040 error - opening the door and closing it resets and we are fine - yesterday it became "unresetable" until the morning it reset - the manual says the suction fan and or main board - how do I disassemble down to the cooling fan to test the one out of our back up machine - it appears to be buried behind the boards

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Did one again just this afternoon. You have to remove under the rear cover the power unit, the control board (upper left) and the plate which carries that board itself, the flywheel and finally the black plastic cover over the fan.

The cable of the fan has a connector within the harness at the lower left of the machine as seen from the rear. Careful, I was so disgusted with this job that I nervously pulled too hard the cable of the fan thereby ripping the sensors from the upper cassette receptacle.

First time it will take 1.5 hour, later on one hour would be enough.

If you like I can make you some pictures of a machine which I cannibalized for the fan. It will show more or less which screws you have to loosen and which cables you have to remove.

Let me know if you need that picture.

Hans

Technician
    Pictures would be great - the problem seems to be intermitant - machine is working fine this morning but . . . Looks like at your time estimate it should be a saturday project - thanks again

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Remove the screws marked with red arrows.
    Its easier when you remove the waste toner chute. Do do so you have to slide the developing unit slightly forward to unlock from the chute.
    The connector of the fan is marked with a yellow arrow.

Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its_Shami

Re: minolta di550 c0040 error

did all butt still happening