Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    chirag

Konica C500 , Back and front of the business cards not getting register

How to register back and front for business card or any other products. its moving by about .25in so i can't cut the card, i tried centering the page but its still moving can anyone tell me what number i have to put in .

Thanks.

Hey, Are you a tech or cust? are you running it through the fiery? or on the glass. and are you using the bypass? answer in order as asked! k

chirag

Printer step by step

Quote Originally Posted by DUKEY View Post
    Hey, Are you a tech or cust? are you running it through the fiery? or on the glass. and are you using the bypass? answer in order as asked! k

I am a customer
    I am running through fiery
    I am running through bypass tray.

I used to print a lot of cards earlier but after tech reset the machine now he is explaining me but still its not aligning, i am very frustrated.

Technician
    Is the alignment (registration) moving? In other words, if you print 10 and the image is moving a mm or two in either direction then we would say the registration is floating. This usually means that the registration roller needs to be changed. Interestingly enough, the registration may be fine on one side and off on the other side...still the registration roller. Also I'm assuming you know there is a way to adjust the registration in Command Workstation on the fiery. If that isn't fixing it, then the registration roller is more than likely the problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What do you mean by "tech reset the machine"? did he perform a PM(preventative maintenance)?
    also, if you are duplexing business cards what are you setting the paper weight at? if you are using 80#cover should be weight 5 and 100# at 6. indicative of manual duplexing, the machine will not duplex this weight, if you are trying to print at weight 4 to get it to run the duplex at once this could explain the large discrepancy. 0.25in is a large discrepancy for front to back registration. sounds like the tray alignment is off meaning the front is off by .125 and the back is off by .125 in the opposite equalling .25in.

try this: open the doc feeder exposing the copy glass, select black and white mode, select the bypass, press the start button to take a "sky shot". When the copy comes out should be face up, measure in millimeters the white margin lead edge(left side) and trail edge(right side)

If they are equal tray align is good, if not try the same procedure for tray 1-are the margins good here? if they are then your bypass tray align is off, if not then its registration. for tray align go to key operator mode and see if your machine has the tray alignment function has been enabled in user mode. I dont remember the number but it should be after option 21. if you dont you should have your tech enter service mode and do the tray alignment adjustment for the bypass tray. if its registration could also be cause by worn roller bad clutch or replacing a component and not running proper adjustment such as fixing line speed or reg loop adj.

coolmoe

Re: Printer step by step

Quote Originally Posted by chirag View Post
    I am a customer
    I am running through fiery
    I am running through bypass tray.

I used to print a lot of cards earlier but after tech reset the machine now he is explaining me but still its not aligning, i am very frustrated.
    Did you find out what was the problem, i am having the same problem and wondering if you could help me out.
    Thanks

worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: Konica C500 , Back and front of the business cards not getting register

Command Workstation has a very nice tray alignment funtion that will print a two sided page that you will fold and input the numbers that are on the folds. It will correct the image to center front and back. If your registration is varying, there was a new style registration roller that had a torque limiter on it but you will still have trouble registering thick paper as it doesn't buckle at the registration rollers the same as regular weight paper does.