Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy B 421 stays on hour glass

Hi guys , our B421 switches on and doesnt go further than the hour glass . I would asume it is firmware or nv ram but i am sceptic about just loading any firmware since i cannot see the current version.
    Any help will be appreciated please.
    Regards
    Rudi

Technician

Hourglass

Yes, copier is unable to boot. Try powering off using the main power switch, leaving the panel switch on, then unplug it for several minutes. Set the panel switch to off. Plug it back in, turn on main power switch, then panel. Sometimes this works. Most cases this was caused by a voltage drop though difficult to isolate.

Regards,
    dcopylady

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    B 421 stays on hour glass

Loading the same version firmware shouldn't hurt the machine because you will just be overwriting the existing firmware.

Alot of the Konica Minolta problems that fall back to not getting past the hour glass on boot relate to firmware, cf cards or a board that has a problem.

Are you able to get into 'Trouble Reset' mode and then service mode from there?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Thanks guys , i will try dcopyladys method , as for trouble reset mode, nope we cannot access it.These machines with boot-up software makes me sick to say the least.
    Regards.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I would say it's the CF Card on the OACB. There are two versions of this card. Version 11 and 20 for the BH421. The problem is that you don't know which FW you had on the machine before and the information about the FW version is on the CF Card! Try from an other 421 the CF card and see what happens.

Thanks guys it was a faulty cf card.