Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    I've seen that happen on a C500 and 8050, I just popped the suckers open and clean them up. Put tape over them when ya put them back together so no more dust will get in there. (only put tape on the seems NOT over the lens itself)
    I had the impression the sensor was sealed. I tried, although admittedly not very hard, to pop the lens off the thing and it seemed glued. That one is in the garbage, but the next time I see it, I'll try that. Though truth be told, we have 3 more of these in our current inventory to get rid of, so I just may do that instead, so as to appease them bean counters always harping on our inventory levels.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Maybe OP was referring to a bit of Magenta mis-registration , I tend to see this on heavy stock on small white text on a solid background. It might not show on 100gsm. If you look at the text with a loup you see the magenta knocked out by about 1/2 pixel and if you have 7 or 8 point font it looks like its filling-in with a red tinge. Especially around the 300-360mm area. Transfer belt/Fuser shock scenario.

Really its a Limitation of the machine.
    I find that kind of odd that this would manifest itself on the paper based on the stock. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the dots of toner for any particular colour blend overlaid one over the other YMCK in that order onto the belt and then off the belt onto the paper in reverse order, and this is independant of paper type or weight? If I saw colour registration issues without codes, I would question the drum/developer as being a possible first (out of round drum, bent shaft, worn CS bushings), with maybe the first transfer roller for the specific colour, magenta in your case, as a possible second area of concern. I'll admit that you are likely right, strange things go on in these machines sometimes.

And if I recall, there is a fine adjustment for each colour.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    in this case my machine is new one .current reading is 15k only.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minolta View Post
    in this case my machine is new one .current reading is 15k only.
    Other things you could check are the transfer belt unit itself.

Check all the bearings with relation to the pressure mechanism that keeps the belt tight. Sometimes these bearings slip out of their holder. This would cause an uneven pressure on the belt, front to back relative, that could possibly throw off image transfer from the drums by a small amount. On rare occasions, I have cut one or two rings off the tension springs to increase the tension on the belt. This is a last resort of course.

Also, check to make sure that all the first transfer rollers for the colours are level and the holders are not damaged.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post

I find that kind of odd that this would manifest itself on the paper based on the stock. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the dots of toner for any particular colour blend overlaid one over the other YMCK in that order onto the belt and then off the belt onto the paper in reverse order, and this is independant of paper type or weight? If I saw colour registration issues without codes, I would question the drum/developer as being a possible first (out of round drum, bent shaft, worn CS bushings), with maybe the first transfer roller for the specific colour, magenta in your case, as a possible second area of concern. I'll admit that you are likely right, strange things go on in these machines sometimes.

And if I recall, there is a fine adjustment for each colour.
    I thought we were talking about a Konica Minolta C6501???

Technician
    Yes ,6501 machine.

it is not happning in all the print out of same file.

ie: single page file,if i take 20 prints problem is only with inbetween 1 or 2 pages on differend differend places.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Question if you run a large size doc is the error consistant through the entire doc or does it vary within the doc?

Technician
    documend size 12x18 or 13x19.
    it vary within the same documend.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Maybe OP was referring to a bit of Magenta mis-registration , I tend to see this on heavy stock on small white text on a solid background. It might not show on 100gsm. If you look at the text with a loup you see the magenta knocked out by about 1/2 pixel and if you have 7 or 8 point font it looks like its filling-in with a red tinge. Especially around the 300-360mm area. Transfer belt/Fuser shock scenario.

Really its a Limitation of the machine.
    toner exposure or/and 2nd transfer offset can help to this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minolta View Post
    documend size 12x18 or 13x19.
    it vary within the same documend.
    I would be looking at motor speed issues then.

Quote Originally Posted by sbillis View Post
    toner exposure or/and 2nd transfer offset can help to this?
    Yeah helps to a point but cant really fix it altogether, Half a pixel knocked out in Magenta from fuser shock on heavy stock you are really only trying to hide it.

Like I say its a Limitation of the machine.