Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

image registration problem in km 6501

Hi,
    i have a image registration problem in km6501.if ,i see the image magante will be the out side of the image.

I did not understand your description.

Quote Originally Posted by minolta View Post
    Hi,
    i have a image registration problem in km6501.if ,i see the image magante will be the out side of the image.

Do you mean you have a colour registration problem with megenta?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I believe that's they meant. I would clean the color reg sensors located just above the fuser.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician
    i cleaned the color registration sensors.problem not solved.

this problem happens only above 220 gsm only.(MO&GO)

Hmmm..... swore I juust saw something in the AAS about this. (all active solutions)
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I'm a bit surprised no survice code was thrown by the machine as a result of this. I've had registration issues in the past and all of those a code was thrown. 4520-4522 were the ones.

Some TSB solutions that might help resolve this....

Description
    C-4520 error code
    ub PRO C5501 Warm-up, wrong display, incorrect operation, lock-up

at power up.
    with poor copy quality, lines, wrinkles. The transfer belt may mis-track or slide toward one side or the other ("walking" off the rollers).
    during color registration adjustment.
    after performinga PM.
    possibly with C-2714 error code. No image is visible on the transfer belt.
    possibly with C-4501, C-4502, C-4503and/or C-4504 error codes.
    possibly with C-4521 and/or C-4522 error codes.
    Solution
    At power up.
    CAUSE: Ten (10) pixels of Color registration overlap is detected when comparing to a previous Color Registration adjustment.
    SOLUTION: In order to reduce the error occurrence ratio, the following function was added to firmware version 60.
    DIPSW 23-1
    0 : SC detected condition 10 pixels (Default)
    1 : SC detected condition 60 pixels
    Notes :
    1. To change SC detected condition only, color registration accuracy itself is not change.
    2. The purpose of this DIPswitch is to reduce the occurrence ratio. Color registration problem itself cannot be improved.
    3. Download and install firmware version 60 if necessary. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download
    Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    Poor copy quality, lines, wrinkles. The transfer belt may mis-track or slide toward one side or the other ("walking" off the rollers).
    PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. Upper front bearing falling out of the holderbecause oflack of tension on the upper roller bearings.
    Remove and reverse the upper front bearing (p/n 5400 7605 0 listed on page 32, Key 5 in the Parts Manual) so that the bearing flange is outward and/or
    slightly re-form the holder in which it sits so that more pressure is applied to the bearing.
    2. Tension roller in the Intermediate Transfer Assemblybecoming dislodged, permitting the transfer belt to “walk off” or the upper and lower tension rollers
    are not lining up correctly.
    Addition of a new spacer at each end of the tension roller prevents the roller from disengaging from the bracket. To accommodate the new spacer, the length
    of the roller has been increased slightly and a “D” shape placed on the ends. Refer to attached Bulletin Number 6331 for additional detail. Also, adjusting the
    lower tension roller is suggested. Please see the attached document for directions.
    3. Gaps between Tension Plate Rear Caulking (p/n 65AA -273 0) and Plate/Rear (p/n 65AA 2625 0E) after maintenance performed on the transfer belt unit.
    Set Tension Plate Rear Caulking properly so that no gap exists and firmly fix with screw. See attached files for more information.
    Note :Also refer to attached Bulletin Number 6522 which addresses Transfer Belt Sliding.
    During color registration adjustment.
    CAUSE: Failed color registration sensor PS8 or PS9.
    SOLUTION:SwapPS8 and/or PS9. Replace color registration assembly (p/n A03U R7B4 00)
    After performinga PM.
    CAUSE: The Color Registration adjustment was not performed (bizhub PRO C5500/C5501/C6500/C6501 ).
    SOLUTION: Perform the Color Registration adjustment:
    1.Enter Service Mode.
    2.Select Machine Adjustment.
    3.Select Printer Adjustment.
    4.Select Color Registration Adjustment and then Start.
    5.Exit Service mode.
    Possibly with C-2714 error code. No image is visible on the transfer belt.
    CAUSE: The first transfer pressure release motor (M19) coupling gear is spring loaded and can become lodged in the back position.
    SOLUTION: Release the first transfer pressure release motor (p/n 08AA 8003 0) coupling gear (p/n 65AA 1714 0) so that it springs freely when pressed and
    released.
    Possibly with C-4501, C-4502, C-4503and/or C-4504 error codes.
    PROBABLE CAUSES:
    1. Open ICP fuse on the Printer Control Board (PRCB).
    Check the continuity of the ICP fuses ICP17, ICP20, and ICP21 with the PRCB out of the machine. You can also carefully check that there is 24V DC on
    each side of the fuses while the board is in the machine. Voltage on just one side of the fuse would indicate that the fuse is open and the board needs
    replacing (p/n A03U R759 00 - Printer Control Unit).
    izhub PRO C5501 Warm-up, wrong display, incorrect operation, lock-up

2. If [09 Writing Init. Pos. Memory] is not performed, the adjustment value is not reset to the initial value. Consequently, adjustment margin is decreased in
    some cases.
    Whenthe write unit is replaced, clean the dust-proof glass and perform the following adjustments in order:
    a. Writing Init Pos. Memory
    b. LD Bias Adjustment
    c. I/O check mode
    d. CD Skew Adjustment
    e. Restart Timing Adjustment
    f. Color Registration Adjustment
    g. Color Registration/Manual (Adjustment)
    h. Auto Gamma Adjustment
    Note : Please refer to attached Machine Adjustment section taken from the March 2009, Version 2.0 bizhub C6501/C6501P/C65hc/C5501 Service Manual,
    Theory of Operation.
    Possibly with C-4521 and/or C-4522 error codes.
    CAUSE: ICP17 isOPEN on the Printer Control Board. The wiring between the printer control board and the hardware counters may be pinched. If the wire is
    shorted to ground, ICP17 on the printer control board will open, resulting in the error code. If the wire is broken internally without shorting, the machine will
    function but the counter will not increment.
    SOLUTION:Check the wiring between the PRCB and the Total Counter. There might be a short to ground close to the Total Counter. After the short is found
    and repaired, replace the PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00).
    If the wiring is not damaged, reposition it so that it is secured in the plastic hooks behind the counters. This will keep the wiring from being pinched when the
    cover is removed and reinstalled.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Oh, and one solution not discussed in the TSB is one I encountered recently. Had a customer encountering these codes at random. Eventually I was forced to replace the registration assembly. Looking at the old one after I installed the new one, I noted a light powdering of dust behind the transparent window of the IDC sensor on the front side. These don't look in any way open to the outside to allow dust inside that easily...it was toner dust, that much was certain, but how it got inside...its worth a look.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Oh, and one solution not discussed in the TSB is one I encountered recently. Had a customer encountering these codes at random. Eventually I was forced to replace the registration assembly. Looking at the old one after I installed the new one, I noted a light powdering of dust behind the transparent window of the IDC sensor on the front side. These don't look in any way open to the outside to allow dust inside that easily...it was toner dust, that much was certain, but how it got inside...its worth a look.
    I've seen that happen on a C500 and 8050, I just popped the suckers open and clean them up. Put tape over them when ya put them back together so no more dust will get in there. (only put tape on the seems NOT over the lens itself)

Maybe OP was referring to a bit of Magenta mis-registration , I tend to see this on heavy stock on small white text on a solid background. It might not show on 100gsm. If you look at the text with a loup you see the magenta knocked out by about 1/2 pixel and if you have 7 or 8 point font it looks like its filling-in with a red tinge. Especially around the 300-360mm area. Transfer belt/Fuser shock scenario.

Really its a Limitation of the machine.