Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CF CARD

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    CF CARD

Here in Australia, Konica Minolta have a tool that will allow you to wipe the card completely (write 0's across the card in the case that you do format it in FAT or FAT32) and then another tool that allows you to push an image of the CF card back on to the CF card.

Before anyone replaces a CF card at the moment, I would suggest that they definately go through the TAD that I posted fist to make sure that it isn't the PRCB.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

pakalo

CF Card German Utility KM

HI dear guys,
    if someone wants to learn German, here is a software utility to manage the CF card of bizhub BW.
    Ciao.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Here in Australia, Konica Minolta have a tool that will allow you to wipe the card completely (write 0's across the card in the case that you do format it in FAT or FAT32) and then another tool that allows you to push an image of the CF card back on to the CF card.

Before anyone replaces a CF card at the moment, I would suggest that they definately go through the TAD that I posted fist to make sure that it isn't the PRCB.
    There in Australia, you have some brilliant programmer in Minolta - he has created Firmware Imaging Toolkit.
    When you enable advanced features in FIT, you will get possibility to format a card, but vxWorks is unfortunately disabled (grayed).
    When you dig through binary of FIT, you can find email address of that brilliant programmer - let's try to mailbomb him with request to enable vxWorks format.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    There in Australia, you have some brilliant programmer in Minolta - he has created Firmware Imaging Toolkit.
    When you enable advanced features in FIT, you will get possibility to format a card, but vxWorks is unfortunately disabled (grayed).
    When you dig through binary of FIT, you can find email address of that brilliant programmer - let's try to mailbomb him with request to enable vxWorks format.
    I`ve tried this toolkit and it will only allows you to format compact flash cards for firmware re-writing. The CF cards that are used for firmware in BZ machines mount as removable drives and the kit doesnt seem to recognise them. If anyone knows different please let me know...

First of all in such case I would connect a computer to RS232 port of machine with null mode cable and TeraTerm software to look at the startup procedure.
    There are 2 ports as I remember, one for a modem and the second is a debug port (there we can connect our null modem cable). You have to setup a correct speed for a connection - 115200b/s should work, if not - try 9600b/s.
    During startup machine will show large amount of messages about RAM tests, OS load and so on, when machine hangs we can see what was the last thing that machine tried to do.

In case of formatted CF card, should be no problem to do an exact copy with dd tool (there is a very good port of dd for windows - chrysocome.net - dd for windows) if you have an access to the second machine.
    There is also a chance to revive such card with vxsys.com coming from an old print controller software (for example IP-511) - it will just write a proper (VxWorks) bootsector to disk/compact flash.
    However we don't know which filesystem is proper for the card, but we know that a card is readable in Windows, so we have only two options FAT32 or FAT16.
    I would bet FAT16 rather than FAT32, but this is just bet

If you need vxsys.com just send me a PM.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    CF CARD

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    Yeah, mailbomb him with requests. That real good isn't it??? Seeing as Ben doesn't work for Konica Minolta Australia anymore that will get you as far as using a short stick to poke a T-Rex in the goolies.

There are plenty of tools available to format cards into the VXWorks format, just have a look around and use Google.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.