Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    LMunro

Bizhub c352 scan time wrong

When we scan to email, email arrives with correct time on it. However, when we open the email it has a time sent that is almost an hour ahead of the real time. I have had my IT check it out, he says machine is sending with wrong time. Konica tech says only one way machine knows the time (and this is as it is displayed on the screen) and this reads the correct time as well, so not a problem with the Konica. Our faxes read the correct time both incoming and outgoing.

Help! We need scans to read correct time to meet submission deadlines outside of our office.
    Below is the email header information from a scan today:
    Received: from KMBT57E2F2.anaid.local () by SBSERVER.Anaid.local
    () with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.2.254.0; Tue, 8 Jun 2010
    11:38:53 -0600
    To: Lisa Munro <>
    Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:35:38 -0600
    Subject: Message from KMBT_C352
    Thread-Topic: Message from KMBT_C352

Any suggestions of where the problem lies?
    thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Obvious question, but does the email show up right after scanning, or is there an actual delay before it arrives in your inbox? Also, make sure the time zone is set properly on the machine.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    In Admin mode, the time can be verified and changed there.

Also, check tech rep.

To enter tech rep. tap the keys in the following order.

Stop - zero - zero - stop - zero - one.

Then while looking at the tech mode, tap this sequence of keys.

Stop - one - one - four - four - clear (the clear key is the "C" key)

You will be presented with a screen showing two fields that look the same, with the date and time in each. Pressing the clear key will erase the contents of the upper field. Use the numeric keys to enter the values in the field. If you make a mistake, use the clear key to start over. just keep tapping the number keys as required to enter all the fields, the prompt will move as needed. When you are done entering the information, you can also set the time zone. The value is based on GMT. For example, mountain time (mst) is -7. Press the "entry" key at the bottom and you are done. Tap exit to leave tech rep (not recommended to play around in here, you can render the machine inoperable if you change something you are unfamiliar with).

If the date stamp is wrong after this, it could very well be the email server itself...daylight savings time....and of course, what mascan42 said.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I had this happen a while back on a C650. Turns out we had to play with the daylight savings time settings. We are -8 but I think we had to chance it to -7 to get the time right. Check that.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    yea its got to do with the time zone settings

LMunro
    Thank you everyone! It is the time zone & daylight savings that was the problem. I will pass this on to our local technician because he did NOT have the answer.

Cheers,

Technician
    We are also experiencing this same problem on our Konica Bizhubs. We concluded the problem is in the Konica. I’ll try and be clear but please stay with me. We have not yet contacted Konica.

First we need to understand that all time is based on an offset from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). This allows emails sent from one time zone to show a time sent based on the destination time zone because the delivering email server adjusts the time before delivering the email.

Based on the following two Internet headers, this is what we think is happening. The first header is from a Konica with the daylight feature on. The second is with the daylight feature off.

I’ve tagged 2 lines in each with an arrow ====>. By comparing the two lines in each header what we notice is the -0800 offset which the Konica is sending to the email server.

The email server thinks the email is arriving from a different time zone and adjusts the time the email was sent based on our time zone.

If the Konica was working properly then it should send the email with the -0700 offset so the email server would not make any adjustments to the time sent of the email. This offset would change as daylight savings automatically came and went.

The conclusion:
    In the Konica, even though daylight savings is turned on, the code which generates the email is not recognizing the daylight savings flag as being on and therefore the Konica is sending the email out showing the incorrect time zone.

Playing around with the time and daylight feature may make the email correct but it breaks the log report times etc.

FIRST HEADER ****** BEGIN (From incorrect time sent email – daylight feature ON)
    Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
    Received: from hq-konc452-5.tree ([10.10.140.216]) by shraexch3.company.loc with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
    ====> Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:38:11 -0700
    To: name@company.com
    Subject: Message from KMBT_C452
    Sender: name@company.com
    Reply-To: name@company.com
    X-Mailer: KONICA MINOLTA bizhub C452
    ====> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:39:56 -0800
    Message-Id: <4C2C626C.003.00206B630B42.name@company.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Return-Path: name@company.com
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 Jul 2010 16:38:11.0348 (UTC) FILETIME=[CB393540:01CB193B]
    --KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary
    Content-Type: application/pdf; name="SKMBT_C45210070109390.pdf"
    Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="SKMBT_C45210070109390.pdf"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64

--KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary--
    *********************** END

SECOND HEADER **** BEGIN (From correct time sent email - daylight feature OFF)
    Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
    Received: from hq-konc452-5.tree ([10.10.140.216]) by shraexch3.company.loc with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
    ====> Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:54:46 -0700
    To: name@company.com
    Subject: Message from KMBT_C452
    Sender: name@company.com
    Reply-To: name@company.com
    X-Mailer: KONICA MINOLTA bizhub C452
    ====> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 07:55:02 -0800
    Message-Id: <4C2C49D6.001.00206B630B42.name@company.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Return-Path: name@company.com
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 Jul 2010 15:54:46.0985 (UTC) FILETIME=[BAE6F390:01CB1935]
    --KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary
    Content-Type: application/pdf; name="SKMBT_C45210070107540.pdf"
    Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="SKMBT_C45210070107540.pdf"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64

--KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary—

*********************** END

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Wow!...my eyes just about popped out of my head trying to follow that one. Emujo

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Dalva

Update your firmware as another step.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    We did update the firmware but the problem is still there. We reported it to Konica through our vendor and are waiting to learn what Konica's response will be.

Will post again when we hear more.

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here