Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SteveBentley

Common/Universal Driver for c203 and c252

Hi, can anybody point me in the direction of a driver which will work with both the Bizhub c203 and c252, preferably postscript and Windows 7 compatible?

I'm hoping to set up pull printing and the solution I'll be using involves setting up a dummy printer queue with drivers that will work all of the printers that jobs can be released from, so I need either a Universal driver that is intended to work both, or a driver for a different model that does (like the HP Laserjet 4 driver will give basic functionality on almost any HP printer)

Thanks for any information

Steve

Have you tries Konica Minoltas Universal Driver? Good place to start.

"BIG PAPA" ....I've heard that the universal driver isnt that great....have you had luck with it?
    "SteveBently" I would imagine you could use the C220 driver for both.....I've had success with that driver on most of KM's color line, just have to manually configure options

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG PAPA View Post
    Have you tries Konica Minoltas Universal Driver? Good place to start.
    What he said.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

SteveBentley
    Thanks all for the Universal Driver tip, I had looked for one on Konica Minolta's site but I can't find it, either using the site's own search engine or putting "universal driver" site:konicaminolta.co.uk into Google.

Does anybody have a direct link for it please?

"SmellsHot", depending on when you heard your info it is true. the first version of the universal driver that came out was a nightmare, way too slow to be of use. Since that time there has been multiple updates. It can be found under the service and support link on KonicaMinolta.com. The link is Universal Printer Driver from Konica Minolta Business Solutions. Good luck.

SteveBentley
    Excellent - many thanks Thanks also to SmellsHot for the c220 tip which might be Plan B