Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick Hanning
    Gulp!

Sorry emujo . . . .

For the record, installing the printer locally to a TCP/IP port and setting printing preferences to those local printers, has worked an absolute treat.

Nick

and P.S.

the file name is almost never a requirement as the copier will happily store multiple versions of the same file with the same file name. the copier distinguishes the files by the time and date the file was sent/uploaded to the user box.

and Owl, what software are you referring to, i would LOVE to have this, but alas, i have spent many an hour looking for something that performs this task - "automate it" is the closest, but has too many variables to be easy.

ta

Shaun Miller

Re: Print Settings to Bizhub 360 User Box

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hanning View Post
    You are absloutely right emujo but even under the Advanced Tab, the User Box settings do not transfer to clients.

Duplex, colour etc. all apply but the Output Method does not. It seems likell that this by design as the UB settings are technically document specific so only a fool like me would be trying to impose them on all users :-)
    Hi All,

1st post, been reading this thread to solve setting 'secure print' as output on Konica Minolta C280 (server 2008R2/7 clients) and had the same issue.

It won't apply no matter what you do however you can manually set the following registry key through your preferred method...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KONICA MINOLTA\%DRIVERNAME%\%SERVERNAME%\%COPIERSHARENAME %\OutputMethod]

We use group policy preferences so this was dead easy. It's a binary key. 00 = print, 03=secure print. It worked like a charm.

Hope this helps someone.

Shaun

Re: Print Settings to Bizhub 360 User Box

As a KM Supplier, we have access to an 'adjusted' driver that has the 'print to user box' as the only output method. I use this method in schools where students are printing (via a public PC) to the KM, but aren't collecting their prints. This way the User Box deletes any unprinted documents after 3 days instead of uncollected output piling up.

Service/IT/Integrator 50+ Posts DocuSystems's Avatar

Lightbulb Command line printer installation:

I create batch files to automate print driver installation to one click. A real time saver if you are doing many computers at an install, and several drivers per computer (say a PCL driver and a FAX driver)I also have a vbscript to automate port creation for anyone that is interested. ken@docusystems.bizTo install the printer device:rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "Name of printer" /f "Path to driver\Driver inf file.INF" /r "Name of port" /m "Device name as found in inf file" /zTo print a test page:rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /n "Name of printer" /k

Service/IT/Integrator 50+ Posts DocuSystems's Avatar

Re: Command line printer installation:

My post was reformatted which didn't help readability of the commands. If anyone needs them, email me at: ken@docusystems.biz