Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Question firmware upgrade bizhub C203

I tried to upgrade the firmware bizhub C203 to the latest version. I used compact flash to upgrade but Failed. Message "Invalid card" appear. I've already formatted the CF using software Firmware Imaging Toolkit from KM and following the instruction from Service manual. I tried CF 1 GB and 128 MB and Failed.
    Anyone know the solution? please help me.
    Thank you.

have u check the card try a new 128 mb card and install firmware with imaging tool kit

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    You need to get a new, unformatted CF card. 128 mb. Once you use this card, never, never,never use it for a B&W MFP again. You can flash the card for 203 through C650 over and over but once you put B&W firmware on it it will never work in a color MFP again. My vendor recommendation is the Transcend 128mb Industrial. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The problem has to do with the speed of the CF card. It shouldn't be quicker than x40. I have tried 128mb x80 and it didn't work. A 512mb x40 should be no problem.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    There are an assortment of issues regarding CF card programming, as illustrated by the others.

Some cards work flawlessly, while others simply fail no matter what you do. It's a crap shoot where brand is concerned as well. In some situations, formatting the card with vxworks will help, while others this does nothing.

You could try buying a flash card from KM for the model you need, though this is a bit impractical because of the cost of the card relative to what you would spend at an electronics store. But for piece of mind knowing this card will work vs that of the trying multiple brands. The other issue of course, is finding the right memory size. Most literature I've read indicates 128MB as a minimum, 256 as a maximum, limiting availability on the open market.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rprem View Post
    have u check the card try a new 128 mb card and install firmware with imaging tool kit
    I did it but still failed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    So the point is, I need to buy a new CF card 128 / 256 MB?
    It so hard to find CF 128 / 256 in my country.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    It's the same issue here, cards of these sizes are a rarity. They can be found, but not without much searching about. We eventually ended up ordering some online and trying that.

Crucial 256 has worked for us, so you should have some luck with those if you can find some. Just make sure they are not used cards, as they may have been formatted, which you obviously do not want and will just put you back where you are now, with a useless card.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    OK, thank you all for your answer. I'll try to find a new CF card28 / 256 MB. I hope it works for my C203 and C353. So complicated issue.

you can find 128 mb flash card in ebay site