Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    C452 C552 C652 Image Units

Angry C452 C552 C652 Image Units

Is any one else having issues with the color units failing with colored lines on the prints, looks like developer is spilling out onto charge grid, as when you clean up the grid the line goes away for a few copys but returns only way i have cured is change the IU but this causing expensive as having this issue on a lot of machines in this range

does any on have fix for this to save the IU changes
    If at First you don't succeed remove all evidence of ever trying!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Haven't had a lot of failures. Search the posts some techs have had to replace HV board. KonMin has a whole list of fun parts to change. good news is even the IU's could be under warranty. If its happening all the time to all colors' i think board. Print management lists. I was observing one unit giving a really hi vg reading compared to the others.

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Aye ive been getting warrenty on the units but having this problem on about 6 or 7 machines on different sites
    If at First you don't succeed remove all evidence of ever trying!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have had some issues with these IU's to, same problems you have discussed. I spoke with our rep last week and they said don't be suprised if they are all on back order in the near future. Won't suprise me any, everything else is on back order.

Technician
    I had 11 go in one week, there was a production problem which KM are aware about. However they do not know any s/n of machines or units that have been effected.

oem
    We have reports of films peeling off from the imaging units and developer spilling out.

Is has been finally concluded that this symptom is caused by the following process. It is assumed that
    occurrence ratio is about 2% or less.
    1. Spilling out toner from gap between the magnet roller and the seal, and grid-mesh gets dirty
    by the scattered toner.
    2. Due to the above reason, PC drum gets unusual electric potential.
    3. Developer is dumped out on the magnet roller and it is heaped up. It gets stuck between
    magnet roller and PC drum.
    4. The seal bites into the gap between magnet roller and the developing unit. The seal may be
    peeled off afterwards.

Countermeasure:
    In order to avoid spilling out toner, shape of the seal and its assembly is changed. By changing the
    seal, the gap between magnet roller and the seal will not appear.
    This change is implemented from the following IU LOT #. (From March 2010 and onwards)
    Yellow: UY0P00301B
    Magenta: UM0P00301B
    Cyan: UC0O00301B

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big jase View Post
    Is any one else having issues with the color units failing with colored lines on the prints, looks like developer is spilling out onto charge grid, as when you clean up the grid the line goes away for a few copys but returns only way i have cured is change the IU but this causing expensive as having this issue on a lot of machines in this range

does any on have fix for this to save the IU changes
    The attached applies to the C451 but may be related to your problem, hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files