Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    random
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    As it turns out, ICP 15 was indeed blown on the previous events, as well as this one. The second previous event an IC associated with this was also blown, according to board repair.

Currently the machine is operating ok. The next event, if it happens, we will be going after the harness.
    Is this ICP at the bottom of the board? If so then yes I would go for the loom as this is what we had to do. Comes up with a fault related to a communication failure I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    As it turns out, ICP 15 was indeed blown on the previous events, as well as this one. The second previous event an IC associated with this was also blown, according to board repair.

Currently the machine is operating ok. The next event, if it happens, we will be going after the harness.
    Well now, I would say you have an intermittent short circuit somewhere between Process unit and the PRCB. Really ICPs just don't blow for the sake of it.... pinched or broken wires will more than likely be OC but ICP failure like that is more than likely SC caused by a trapped wire against metal.

Check harness in areas of movement, Check the connector.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    It tossed the code again. Got a new harness on the way, and am stealing a harness out of our training room machine.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Ok, enough time has passed that I am confident the problem has been resolved.

The harness for the main process carriage itself was the fault area. I have to say, that was a pain in the butt to replace.

Thanks for the help guys.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    I'm getting a lot off 2402 Erase lamp/K (EL/K) set cannot be detected. Machine works for a while then every so often come up with this code when turned on in mornings. Thinking about replacing the lamp but after seeing this thread was wondering if it is on the same harness, as TCR sensors and Erase lamps are from the same area? Could just be a different wire of the harness shorting out. Also there is already a service kit on order so also wondering if it is drum causing problem.

Could also be bad connection of the plug at the back of process unit, are the process steel handles a little more difficult to lock in place?
    Laughing......

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    Could also be bad connection of the plug at the back of process unit, are the process steel handles a little more difficult to lock in place?
    No they seem normal but pulling it out and reconnecting clears the code for 3 weeks or so. We have another C6500 which we have sitting around slowly being stripped apart! Worth Taking the connectors from the process unit?

try swapping the whole Process unit. If you were getting wires shorting out in that harness you would have board failures or ICPs blowing, an erase lamp not coming on in morning's is more than likely open circuit or bad connection.

I find that the Transfer belt coupling can have a side on torque effect on the process unit, at times when I try to close the handles the right hand one tends to feel sticky and usually comes up with an erase lamp error ....obviously just poor connection. I pull the process unit out again turn the transfer coupling a few degrees and that usually fixes it.
    Laughing......

Thanks. I will try that when I'm next there! Most likely when I am next servicing it.

Well try to understand, but the order of words confuses me, anyway, C-2411 refers to a problem with the detection of density on the yellow developing unit.

The first thing you should check is the status of the developer, the developer can remember inicializarze only once when new. (Unless you're an expert and you can manually control the density).

Well I think you should also review the charge corona unit yellow, it is common that the filament of the crown is displaced causing the toner with the developer to stop the boat can go to waste (toner Collection Box).

After all this if the problem continues to try to replace the TCR to the other drive first, it's difficult for the PRCB or developing unit may be at fault, unless someone is risky to do testing with a tester or something like trying to solve the problem and thus break the PRCB or TCR, if so, the bizhub PRO accuse C-2411 All the Time.