Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica Minolta C500 SC-89-01

I bought a Konica Minolta C500 without the external Fiery. I have a parts C500 with an internal print controller and installed it into the New C500. I get a SC-89-01 error code. I tried the change board command and it did not help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or do I have to upgrade the firmware. Please advise. Thanks, Johva.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts costel fasola's Avatar

Unhappy 89-01

"SC89-xx after replacing a PWB (Overall Control, Printer Control, or Operation PWB).
    Solution
    CAUSE: The machine serial number needs to be programmed using the Board Change Mode.
    SOLUTION: To program the machine serial number, perform the following:
    1. Flash the status CB (main CB), printer CB or operation board to the latest firmware level prior to performing the Board Change Mode.
    2. Access the 25 mode (power machine OFF/ON while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
    3. Select Board Change Mode.
    4. Select the board that was changed (operation, overall CB, NVRAM, printer CB).
    5. Press OK.
    6. Enter the machine serial number using the alphanumeric key pad on the touchscreen.
    7. .Press OK.
    8. Power the machine OFF/ON.
    ERROR CODE EXPLANATION
    - SC89-01
    This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was
    removed from Machine A to Machine B main body.
    - SC89-03
    This code is caused by performing Board Change Mode with a used PRDB. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from Machine A
    to Machine B main body and perform Board Change Mode.
    IMPORTANT :As a troubleshooting 'tool', a new or used Printer CB, Overall CB, or Operation Board can be temporarily installed in theMFP for testing
    purposes without using Board Change Mode.
    Notes :
    1. The number of boards that can be replaced at one time is restricted to two. Boards must be new, swapping between machines is prohibited.
    2. Please refer to attached documentation for additional detail. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for
    free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions .
    SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Cesar Jimenez, Production Print/SSD"

sow dear friend,
    if u try a change boards into another machines is not work one by one. i try this. Boards must be new, swapping between machines is prohibited.
    now i try change all 4 board into another mashines A to B. all controller and PRCB in the same machine. maybe work this way.if is work i let u know .

Thank you for your help. I'll give it a try.
    Johva

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts costel fasola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by costel fasola View Post
    "SC89-xx after replacing a PWB (Overall Control, Printer Control, or Operation PWB).
    Solution
    CAUSE: The machine serial number needs to be programmed using the Board Change Mode.
    SOLUTION: To program the machine serial number, perform the following:
    1. Flash the status CB (main CB), printer CB or operation board to the latest firmware level prior to performing the Board Change Mode.
    2. Access the 25 mode (power machine OFF/ON while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
    3. Select Board Change Mode.
    4. Select the board that was changed (operation, overall CB, NVRAM, printer CB).
    5. Press OK.
    6. Enter the machine serial number using the alphanumeric key pad on the touchscreen.
    7. .Press OK.
    8. Power the machine OFF/ON.
    ERROR CODE EXPLANATION
    - SC89-01
    This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was
    removed from Machine A to Machine B main body.
    - SC89-03
    This code is caused by performing Board Change Mode with a used PRDB. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from Machine A
    to Machine B main body and perform Board Change Mode.
    IMPORTANT :As a troubleshooting 'tool', a new or used Printer CB, Overall CB, or Operation Board can be temporarily installed in theMFP for testing
    purposes without using Board Change Mode.
    Notes :
    1. The number of boards that can be replaced at one time is restricted to two. Boards must be new, swapping between machines is prohibited.
    2. Please refer to attached documentation for additional detail. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for
    free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions .
    SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Cesar Jimenez, Production Print/SSD"

sow dear friend,
    if u try a change boards into another machines is not work one by one. i try this. Boards must be new, swapping between machines is prohibited.
    now i try change all 4 board into another mashines A to B. all controller and PRCB in the same machine. maybe work this way.if is work i let u know .
    is working my friend, if u change all boards in working

rasoul_M
    Hello
    I have a konika minolta bizhub pro c500 protected with password and I can't change IP settings to put it on my network and using printer.
    How can I reset password?
    Thanks

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    The password for the fiery is usually default "Fiery.1" (upper case F, no quotes).

If that does not work, let me know, there is a file you can push to the fiery to make it print out the current password set.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    just want to make everything clear, I'm new to the konica and I need to change the board from one to another, both used, basically new one machine work out out of 2, I just plugged the bord that I'm sure was working to another machine and got 89-01, in the service mode the is an option to change the board but it's asking for the main body numer and I have no idea where is it. Thanks in advance

Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 Error Code E-8901

Just try to learn properly before you do anything, you should be sure to make the replacements correctly.

This was said before read carefully the response of Costel (# 2) in this thread.

Must follow the steps to change board.

Code = E89-01

Cause = This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N in mainbody with other S/N.

*For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from 000000001 to 000000005 main body.

Note: Board change mode=
    When changing any of the following four types of
    boards, be sure to set the serial number of the main
    body in this setting.

OPERATION (operation board /1).
    OVERALL CB (overall control board).
    NVRAM (memory board).
    PRINTER (printer control board).

Procedure

1. Enter the 25 mode.

2. "25 mode menu screen" Press the [13. Board change mode] key.

3. "Board change mode screen" Select a key of the board that you have replaced a part.

4. "Serial number input screen" Enter the serial number of the main body through the alphanumeric keys.

Press the [OK] key to update the data.
    To invalidate the setting that you have changed, press the [CANCEL] key.

And..............: The number of boards that can be replaced at the same time is restricted only to two boards.
    Last edited by jma676; 09-15-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    that's where I get stucked, can you tall me where is main body serial number? I found one, but it keeps saying "please enter rightly"

Press Key [P (COUNTER)] on the control panel.