Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

konica minolta bizhub c450- white dotes in prints

i have a lot of white dotes on my prints, specially in lable printing. please help me in resolving this problem.

this could be a number of things. i would start with the consumables first. how new is your toner?? is it OEM? if thats ok how about your imaging units? how worn r they? you could have drum pits causing this effect. try running each color individually and see if they all exhibit this effect. from there you cld be having transfer or fusing issues. start With the easy stuff first. good luck!!!
    IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN QUIET AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL
    THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I noticed u said label printing, check your thickness setting. Transfer may be weak or not enough fuser pressure.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I agree about the thickness setting. Go with thick 3 out of tray one.

Do not use the bypass tray. Reason being that the way the paper is fed through, the bypass tray will force a bend outwards on the print side(label side), risking the label to lift off the paper. Tray one, the print side is face up, so the paper will bend inwards, less likely to have feeding problems. Also, do not run the label sheet through more than a couple times. The fuser will dry out the label and glue, making the paper rigid and drying out the glue. This can increase the likelyhood that the label will lift off while going through the machine and getting stuck in places like the belt, drum unit, fuser to name a few. Also, this will increase the likelyhood of electrostatic issues, which can also lead to spotting.

Truth be told, I would recommend staying away from labels all together in any printer that uses toner and fusing technology. Inkjet is recommended simply because it does not subject the paper to the above conditions. It's a pain in the ass cleaning the aformentioned parts in a laser printer, especially a colour one.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    As mentioned above, it's probably your thickness setting.
    And I'm totally with Stirton on the label thing. Customers ask me all the time, "what kinda labels should I run" I answer... non of them! I have pix on my facebook of labels gone bad on a Lanier box that I worked on a while back. I was pretty pissed off that day.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Curmudgeon at large 100+ Posts RockETop's Avatar
    What altitude are you at?