Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs down C-1183, FS-527 on BH C280

Hello,

I have a FS-527 floor standing finisher on a new C280 that suffers from a C1183 every 4 weeks or so.

I have cleaned and checked the sensors, uploaded latest FW and cannot find a mech reason for it.

Has anyone had this before.

thank you

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Description
    FS-527, C1183 when removing copies from the main exit tray of the finisher.
    Solution
    CAUSE: In earlier FS-527 finishers, Actuator /2 is not long enough to actuate the Upper Limit sensor (PS24).
    SOLUTION: Install the modified actuator (p/n A0HR 8973 00). The actuator was installed during production beginning with finisher serial number
    A0HRWY1016166.

Other issues to check is the balance of the machine. If you open the finisher (slide to the left) and are able to close it with one hand (slide to the right) without difficulty, the finisher is balanced. If not, extend the castors on the finisher base, the two on the left. This will slighly tilt the finisher towards the right, towards the main body.

Also, check the wiring harness that is connected to the front door interlock switch of the finisher. If this harness, along with ground braid, is not stowed tightly in, it can interfere with the actuator. Symptom of this is the elevator will rise to the upper limit and code out.

Many problems seen on FS514/517/519 series will be seen here, most fixes on those series will also apply here.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I just went through this and the fix that the rocking kitty has posted fixes the issue. Wear good leather gloves when replacing as the steel is not finished and will cut. I have the cuts to prove it. The flag section is about 3 mm longer and that has made all the difference.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!