Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub 601 Copy Firmware from CF to Other CF

How to copy firmware from Compact Flash Bizhub 601 to other CF? because i have aproblem with 601, appears sand clock, and can't upgrade with normal prochedure (Using Flashdisk).

Thanks guys,

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Check through out the forum as there quite a few posts about this problem.

One of the big problems with this model is that you can get a short in the tray 3 and 4 wiring looms. To make sure this isn't your issue, check out ICP11 - 14 to see if they are open or closed circuit. If they are open, then you have a short in one of the trays.

If that is the case, then look through previous threads to find the fix that I have posted.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Check through out the forum as there quite a few posts about this problem.

One of the big problems with this model is that you can get a short in the tray 3 and 4 wiring looms. To make sure this isn't your issue, check out ICP11 - 14 to see if they are open or closed circuit. If they are open, then you have a short in one of the trays.

If that is the case, then look through previous threads to find the fix that I have posted.
    i currently have the problem you mentioned except i was having problems with tray 4. i swapped tray 3 to 4 and now the machine is frozen at the space theme which is after the hour glass. i tried looking everywhere on this forum for the fix but i wasnt able to find anything. can you tell me what the solution is?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    For copy CF ..you must delete de old files on the old card ----DON`T FORMAT IT ----if you format the old card you will KILL the card for this operation.....

After delete the card, do the copy/paste from the one to other....if doesn´t work yet ...well ,I think you will need to ask for a new card to Konica minolta...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    cf to cf copy ok.u have to rewrite nvram not firmware

May I ask how you re-rite the NVRAM?

I didn't think that the NVRAM could be written to normally without the machine doing the work or reprogramming the chip manually.

Technician
    There is a Disk tool program to write B601/751 cards back to factory state available from KM
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Wasfil View Post
    How to copy firmware from Compact Flash Bizhub 601 to other CF? because i have aproblem with 601, appears sand clock, and can't upgrade with normal prochedure (Using Flashdisk).

Thanks guys,

That is the CF card, not the NVRAM. I have both the disk tools from Konica Minolta, but nothing to rewrite the NVRAM.

Technician
    I have had plenty B601/751 s hanging on hour glass , rewriting CF card with disktool always fixes the problem, Never had problems with NVRAM and i doubt there is any proceedure to reset the NVRAM

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Eugene74's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 601 Copy Firmware from CF to Other CF

Hi all,

I have had a problem similar to what you describe. I did write the software onto the CF card with the disk tool, but when I installed the card back into the machine, the machine rebooted every time. The hour glass comes up, displays for about a second and then the screen goes blank, and the process repeats the whole time. Is it normal because this happend for about a minute and I have switched the machine off ad removed the card to try and rewrite it again.

I can't find any documentation on what must happen if your wrote the software to factory default.

What I also saw was that on a operational CF card there are about 90 files (including directories), where as if you have done the factory default there is about 10 Files (including directories).

And I only deleted the old files, NEVER formated the card.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanx

Eugene