Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Post C 252 After switch on the machine display getting black

After switch on the machine display getting black so our service person said MFP board to be replaced,
    Now i need a any expert solution regarding this issue I am also engineer so if any body says any testing method of MFP board I will do,Please help me.

i would try to flash the machine first, then i would check pwb-M board on the left side of copier next to the power supply unit .some of my machines that had very dim or black screens were bad M boards good luck ....ps if you do change the M board dont forget to take off tiny 6 leg ic chip and put on new board

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    100% agree with our friend "lucky13 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C 252 After switch on the machine display getting black

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seltan View Post
    After switch on the machine display getting black so our service person said MFP board to be replaced,
    Now i need a any expert solution regarding this issue I am also engineer so if any body says any testing method of MFP board I will do,Please help me.
    You have to be more specific by saying display getting black. It means on the begining you have display and then not? And if yes in which state is the machine? Konica Minolta logo or sandglas or nothing? On the back side on the MFPB you have some LEDs which inform you about that. By these machines you have in some cases also the effect of dark display (you see the letters but without the background light of the display). By the way the chip on the PWB-M has 8 Pins.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCPS View Post
    You have to be more specific by saying display getting black. It means on the begining you have display and then not? And if yes in which state is the machine? Konica Minolta logo or sandglas or nothing? On the back side on the MFPB you have some LEDs which inform you about that. By these machines you have in some cases also the effect of dark display (you see the letters but without the background light of the display). By the way the chip on the PWB-M has 8 Pins.
    I agree. The MFP board is likely at fault, but other areas could be PWB-M, or in some rare situations, the power supply.

And this might sound incredibly stupid, but make sure the button (sub power) on the control panel is pushed in.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician

konicaminolta C252 How to check MFP

Quote Originally Posted by DCPS View Post
    Sir,
    Actually my problem that machine was working fine for A4(print&copy) and small size while after A3 print/copy machine got Hang-up for this problem i have updated NV ram firmware and MFP firmware even after also the problem was persist so my superior asked to send the board to their office and i got feedback from him that PWB(M)and NV RAM working fine with good machine but MFP board not turning On so replace it.earlier the same board was working fine at customer place For A4 now customer firing me ,so i think my superior he dont know how to check the MFP board thats why i asking support from you,can you help me sir?Till now I am keeping the boards in my custody ,same time after my superior check up i am not check up anywhere.

So let me get this straight.

You had a machine that was not detecting the paper size or selecting the paper size correctly, you updated the firmware to see if that would correct the issue but it did not? So your boss asks you to send the M board, MFP board and NVRam. Did you send the printer control board as well? That is the board with the external connections like network and the flash port, it is what NVRAM plugs into.

I honestly cannot say what could have happened from the time you removed the hardware, sent it to the other guy and then got it back and he says you need a new MFP now, leaving you with a dead machine. That just seems strange. It was "working" relatively ok when you last had it, there is no reason it should not be working now, unless one of you made a mistake and removed the board in a live (powered on) machine. If that was the case, the board needs to be replaced/repaired.

I would check all the connections to ensure they are all connected correctly. Inspect everything and verify placement of RAM modules. Try updating the firmware to see if you at least get a response from the panel at that level.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician

Konicaminolta C 252

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    So let me get this straight.

You had a machine that was not detecting the paper size or selecting the paper size correctly, you updated the firmware to see if that would correct the issue but it did not? So your boss asks you to send the M board, MFP board and NVRam. Did you send the printer control board as well? That is the board with the external connections like network and the flash port, it is what NVRAM plugs into.

I honestly cannot say what could have happened from the time you removed the hardware, sent it to the other guy and then got it back and he says you need a new MFP now, leaving you with a dead machine. That just seems strange. It was "working" relatively ok when you last had it, there is no reason it should not be working now, unless one of you made a mistake and removed the board in a live (powered on) machine. If that was the case, the board needs to be replaced/repaired.

I would check all the connections to ensure they are all connected correctly. Inspect everything and verify placement of RAM modules. Try updating the firmware to see if you at least get a response from the panel at that level.
    Sir,
    My machine was detecting paper size correctly, the problem was after taking A3 copies machine getting hang-up(no button would be function)need to be turn off and on again otherwise machine was working fine(problem only for A3).for this problem only i sent all the boards to my boss ,Now i got reply like this,What to do?

Like I said, check all the connections and inspect everything. Basic troubleshooting.

If this does not get you a running machine, you need to replace that board unfortunately.
    ---Groucho Marx