Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C652 C8104 ADF Scan Glass Movement trouble

We have a C652 throwing C8104. At setup the scan glass was out of position. I re-positioned and put the ADF scan glass sensitivity to not set and the warning level to zero. I thought this took care of the problem, however three days after the machine was delivered the code came back. Is there a way to completely turn off the scan glass so it doesn't move. Even though the sensitivity is set to non set the glass does a quick initialize when the doc feed is opened and closed.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    update firmware as a start.

From there, you may have to reposition the scanner adjustments as per service manual.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

It has the latest firmware and we have done the adjustments. This is now happening with some of our C452's. We had a guy down in Chicago last week and techs that where there are having the same problem. This seems to be an intermittent thing, where after it comes out of power save mode the scanner locks up after it tries to initialize.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    We disable sleep mode deliberately, as that can cause some strange problems, though I haven't seen anything like the one you are experiencing.

Power itself might also be an issue. If the machine is sharing the AC with any other devices that take up more than a few watts energy, that may be enough to cause issues like this. Also ensure a line conditioner is installed to deal with abnormal power sags and spikes.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    check as have had Glass Position Control Board (PWB-ID) the legs of IC1 touching each other

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swags View Post
    It has the latest firmware and we have done the adjustments. This is now happening with some of our C452's. We had a guy down in Chicago last week and techs that where there are having the same problem. This seems to be an intermittent thing, where after it comes out of power save mode the scanner locks up after it tries to initialize.
    How did you solve this? We have a couple of C452's doing the same.

My colleague has had some problem on C452 MFP also, and these cases were solved adjusting the Scraper Plate. What it can be is that the Glas Scraper Plate is too tight against the glass and this stops it from moving. Readjust the plate to fix the problem.

Stea

What we have in the shop is take the section apart and put it back together and in doing so the problem went away. I haven't heard from the guys in the field lately about this still being an issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I agree with Stea. Take off left side scanner bed cover and loosen and reseat scraper plate. Our problem solved