Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

CF cards for KM color MFPs

My team is faced with flashing close to 1000 KM 650/353/203s to modify the IU life spans. Most of us have 1 CF card for color and 1 for B&W but we need to get 8 cards working for each tech (8 X 15 ) to make the proces go faster. Here's the issue... the damm flash cards suck!!!. Out of 150 bought from E-Bay and a dozen or so from KM only 2 have been able to accept the firmware and flash the MFPs without an "invalid card error". None of the cards have been formatted (at least as far as Windows is concerned). I have a HEX editor and have tried to erase the cards per the procedure put out by KM but still no success. Does anyone have a relaible method to format the CF cards to vxworks, and although the firmware imaging toolkit has a "format as vxworks" icon, this is greyed out and I have no idea how to enable it. The specs on the cards is San Disk or Transcend 128 MB. Any thoughts? Thanks Emujo

Technician
    Hi I stand to be corrected but the models you mention need 256 MB CF Cards.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    My team is faced with flashing close to 1000 KM 650/353/203s to modify the IU life spans. Most of us have 1 CF card for color and 1 for B&W but we need to get 8 cards working for each tech (8 X 15 ) to make the proces go faster. Here's the issue... the damm flash cards suck!!!. Out of 150 bought from E-Bay and a dozen or so from KM only 2 have been able to accept the firmware and flash the MFPs without an "invalid card error". None of the cards have been formatted (at least as far as Windows is concerned). I have a HEX editor and have tried to erase the cards per the procedure put out by KM but still no success. Does anyone have a relaible method to format the CF cards to vxworks, and although the firmware imaging toolkit has a "format as vxworks" icon, this is greyed out and I have no idea how to enable it. The specs on the cards is San Disk or Transcend 128 MB. Any thoughts? Thanks Emujo
    Which firmware version are you refering to?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I've been using a 128mb verbatim card now for c203/650 series for a few years now.. there's firmware out to minimize the iu life message to nothing but an oil can indicator on the control panel... gonna try it maybe tomorrow.

Regards!
    A.

I am currently using a 128MB for the entire line of MFPs I mentioned above, and have had no issues. 256 may work, but I don't know. The firmware is to allow the MFP to operate past the IU life limit w/o displaying the replace IU message. Only released last month. Does not affect 652/C360 family as this ability is built into the software switches. If I put the firmware on my CF card (been using the same one for almost 2 years), no problems. So I know it is a CF card issue, not the f/w toolkit, or a firmware issue. Emujo

Looks like I found a way to make this work...don't want to make it public until I verify with KM that the procedure dosen't wind up inducing some other wierd problem, but if you are at a stand still like I was, PM me and I'll explain the process. PS this also makes CF cards that originally were used for B&W usable. Emujo

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

What firmware version are you guys talking about ? first I've heard our company I work for goes through a sack full of chips be a nice a fix for us.

Found it listed under : DLBT1000576EN01
    Firmware released : 09/04/10

Does anyone know of something similar or if this sw is already unlocked for current models c280 c451 etc ?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I've used crucial 256 without issue.

Just be sure to never format the cards if you get them new. Let the firmware imaging program do its own thing.

And this illustrates my point to another guy who suggested buying off of ebay. Not always the best approach.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar
    Found it listed under : DLBT1000576EN01
    Firmware released : 09/04/10

i donīt find this.
    can you tell me the version?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    don't know what the big deal is, I've never had any issues with cf cards. I've formated them for temporary storage of mp3s off my computer in the past then reused them the next day without issues in firmware imaging tool kit and subsequent upgrade.

Maybe I'm just lucky.