Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    no fiery

That rules that out then
    Laughing......

OMD-227
    As this is only affecting PDF's, in my experience with exact same symptom, it was always to do with the 'Print as image' tick box within acrobat reader. It is especially required if the document was originally something else and converted to PDF. This is only needed from acrobat reader version 8.0 onwards. Previous versions were never affected.

Example, I had a client yesterday with a color quality problem on a new MX color machine. Output print was terrible in color quality compared with the design on the PC. All other pictures, documents, designs etc etc were great, only this PDF was going mental.
    Tick box 'Print as image', tested same problem PDF perfectly. Their IT dept knew nothing about it. They were able to print the PDF ok on a HP CLJ, but their Sharp and another Canon color machine just couldnt handle it before the box was ticked within reader.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Check the driver for a tick box that says allow printer to choose color and uncheck. I have that on another driver and it only shows up when printing pdf files..
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I would recommend at this point in time that you update the firmware to the machine. Just because the firmware is up-to-date you should reflash it anyways because there might be corruption to the software that is causing this issue.

You made no mention whether this machine was set to copy track or authentication modes. I am taking the assumption that neither is set.

The alternative is to replace a machine with a known good machine, like the one that you used to do your test, and see if the problem persists. If the problem does persist, then the problem is with the customers computers.

the only thing I can think of at this point that would continue to cause this problem is the wrong driver being used at the computer for the copier. I would recommend that you reinstall the driver deliberately yourself so you know that it has been done correctly using the correct driver and try that again.

Also is there something unique to this particular situation, such as are they using Adobe Acrobat standard or are they using Adobe reader?
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 07-27-2010 at 06:08 AM.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    As this is only affecting PDF's, in my experience with exact same symptom, it was always to do with the 'Print as image' tick box within acrobat reader. It is especially required if the document was originally something else and converted to PDF. This is only needed from acrobat reader version 8.0 onwards. Previous versions were never affected.

Example, I had a client yesterday with a color quality problem on a new MX color machine. Output print was terrible in color quality compared with the design on the PC. All other pictures, documents, designs etc etc were great, only this PDF was going mental.
    Tick box 'Print as image', tested same problem PDF perfectly. Their IT dept knew nothing about it. They were able to print the PDF ok on a HP CLJ, but their Sharp and another Canon color machine just couldnt handle it before the box was ticked within reader.
    This worked! Thank you.

OMD-227
    Nice work brother!

Technician
    Thank you!