Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) System Software Installer DVD Needed

Hi Guys

I have an IC-408 that crashed decided to reload the fiery via USB, it completed fine, powered the printer back up fiery now has 02 on it which means updating. Left it over 24 hours to see if it would update no joy, plugged a monitor in to see how it was doing and now all seems to boot up fine just comes up with " the video driver failed to initialize" going to try a new HDD and reload again.

my only question is that I have downloaded ;

IC-408_v2-0_SySw
    IC-408_v2-0_UserSw

i can put the SySw onto USB via fiery USB setup tool but not the usersw?

was wondering if the other that had similar issues managed to resolve the problems?

thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi,
    UserSw should not be loaded on usb,i never do that before,only system software.
    i recently had similar problem but in my case after 45 min Ic-408 shows FF and stay for about 2 hours, i tryed several times with same result.
    I do system software on others IC-408 and it always take about 1 hour for complete procedure.
    Then i open ic-408,clean dust,remove ram,clean slots,reconnected all cables,clear cmos on board and try again.
    Also i remove ram memory from slot1 to slot2 like service manula says,i dont know how it was in slot1,it should not be.
    Because it was late a leave it working,in the morning i find "00" on Ic-408 and everything working.

Technician

Hi Toxic

so I am doing it right, must be something causing my issue will try a new HDD and see how it goes.

only thing I haven't tried is the CMOS - what do you mean by that?

Clear cmos is procedure for reset bios settings of the motherboard just like for regular pc motherboards.
    Service Guide.pdf

Technician

Just done the CMOS reset, turned it back on and now instead of hanging on 02 it's on 03 will leave it a while and let you know how it goes. Can't find what 03 means in the manual ?

It doesnt say controller on the screen
    Last edited by ChrissyG; 01-03-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added extra

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) System Software Installer DVD Needed

PDF page 64
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

I seem to be going round in circles here, now when it turns on it goes to 91 and switches off. needs updating? anybody know what the update software is called? i should be able to download it somewhere as i have no DVD's with this machine, is it the User_Sw file?
    also it says i need a single use dongle. but i havent replaced the board to get the usb
    Last edited by ChrissyG; 01-04-2017 at 06:52 PM.

I dont think so you need anything except just system sotware on usb,i never put any update and after installing system i always disable autoupdate in system settings.
    You have some other problem here.
    Did you tried every time procedure from start or just continue with copier "on" and connected with IC-408?
    Did you ever try this before with that specific system software you got?
    What is memory size of system software,type of file (iso ? ) and what version, V1,V2?
    On what copier machine is that Ic-408?

Technician

Ill start from fresh,
    Its a Ikon 550c (KM C5501) with IC-408, i have 2 .iso files V2 one is a SySw the other is UserSw. What Ive done is used the USB prep tool where you drag and drop the .iso file with a usb connected into laptop. once files have copied I set the service switches on top of controller to (1 on, 2 off) plug usb in with the controller off with copier off. turn the controller on and it runs through from 00 to about 20 then goes to FF. if i plug a monitor in it runs through installation and says complete turn power off and unplug usb. i unplug usb turn power off and leave it 30 seconds. turn the controller back on then power the copier on. controller then shows random numbers switches off, turns back on goes to 02 then 03, after 03 it turns off, comes back on with FF then after a while goes to 91 and turns off again. controller does not show on copier panel.
    Last edited by ChrissyG; 01-04-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) System Software Installer DVD Needed

Ugggh I despise the USB way. I like to know what going on.
    I use PowerISO mount the image as if it were the dvd and flip the 2 switches and follow the prompts. I get to see the progress of the upload and in the 200 or so fiery I've reloaded over the years only 2 did I have to do twice.
    It's never asked for user sw as its not the tower fiery.
    Also important as to what version software. The newest one needs a bios upgrade only available from efi for $$ and the ram upgrade that comes with it..IIRC