Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Mickey_uk

Post Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) System Software Installer DVD Needed

Hi
    I have a Konica C5500 Printing unit with the Fiery X3eTY2 65C-KM (IC-408) Controller, a week ago Controller started giving me "FF" message in its digital led and the scan functionality of the printer is disabled. I look through the posts here and what I could gather was that my controller has a software problem and I have to reinstall the software again.
    The thing is that I cannot find the copy of the DVD anywhere. I was wondering if someone can help me to find the DVD or give the a link to me, I would be very much grateful.

Please let me know if you need more information

FF means F**ked Fiery and a reload is required. It could be a faulty hard drive as well but a software reload costs nothing and is worth ago

You would need to contact Technical Support in Europe to get those disks. Are you KM, Auth Dealer or End user? and where in the UK are you from?
    Laughing......

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    According to the service manual, FF is an indicator that the update is complete. A reboot might be needed of the fiery.

If the fiery is still operational, that is you can still print to it, then the fiery is operational. Use remote desktop from a windows machine on the same network. Type the IP address of the fiery itself for the connection address. The login name is Administrator (upper case A). Password is "Fiery.1" (upper case F).

If you can get that far, the fiery is not down for the count and should be recoverable.

Go to the start menu when you enter into remote desktop on the fiery itself. In the programs list, is the Fiery Tools. Click the Update link. A window will open giving you the update options. Default is to notify you of available updates. I switch this to update automatically, in both the windows and the fiery software. Then I select "update now" in that window. A new window will open up and after a few moments, should show you a list of updates. These are all windows based. They should all be selected automatically. Allow the update to be performed. When it is done, allow a reboot of the fiery. I recommend a full power down instead of a simple restart.

When the fiery is back up and running, reconnect again into remote desktop, and repeat the above process to the updates window. The second run through will then show the Fiery updates. None should be selected by default. Do not select them all. Only select the items that would be unique to your situation. They should be self explanatory.

After those patches are applied, reboot the fiery once more. You should be able to use the device as normal.

And though I have not tried it as yet, you could try performing a system restore, in the same way any windows computer has this ability. As I had mentioned, the FF code indicates that a patch was applied. A simple reboot may be all that is required, but if that fails to resolve the issue, then a restore may reverse the applied patch. Following that restore, disable automatic download of patches and do those manually for the fiery side of the patch update related above. You should still be able to leave windows as automatic, since those patches are not related to the fiery software itself.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Do be honest FF is usually the system not working as it should, I wouldn't be worrying too much about patches or manuals.

OP try a hard switch off and if the fiery goes through the normal boot sequence and does not make it to 00 and the controller button does not show on the screen you need to reload.

A power spike can often crash your fiery like that.
    Laughing......

Pardon me, I should have read a little further in the book on that code. I initially saw the code was as I stated, but neglected to scroll up to see it had to do with USB thumb drive install.

As for power....stupid power...messing with a perfectly good system....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Mickey_uk
    Thank you very much guys,
    I am the end user of the printer and located at Birmingham.
    I have tried the remote desktop once before but I would give it a go one more time.

What I have done to debug the problem so far was to connect the monitor to the unit. When i turn the unit on there is the FF message for like 2 sec then it start counting to 100, while it is counting I can see the normal memory and motherboard check messages on the monitor. when it get to 97 is when unit wants to load the windows OS and at that moment i would get the FF message. what I would see next on the monitor is the OS selection menu (normal or normal with VGA) for a moment then the windows xp logo for sec and then dark screen. I know that there shouldn't be any picture after that. so i figured that the unit is booting but i see the FF message just before windows loading up. I opened the unit as well, i was clean and memory seems to be fine.

I think it was a power failure because before the unit get busted we tripped the fuse couple of time.

Just to be perfectly clear the only way to get the reload DVD is to contact the KM support? I looked though their website couldn't find anything so thought i am looking at the wrong place!

Thank you again

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Try this if you want. I offer no warranty as to what could go wrong. I have done this on other fiery's for this code but not a c5500/6500.

Shut down printer and fiery.
    unplug fiery from wall and machine
    remove the cmos battery (if you do not know what this is stop and call a technician)
    short the positive and negative post of the battery holder together for about 2 minutes
    replace the battery
    reconnect machine
    reconnect power
    power on and see if error goes away.

I believe that the ff code means (beside f*** fiery) that the bios could not finish transferring boot control to the hard drive

By the way even the KM techs cannot download the image file. We can order the cd's (as a service part) but not download the image.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_uk View Post
    Thank you very much guys,
    I am the end user of the printer and located at Birmingham.
    I have tried the remote desktop once before but I would give it a go one more time.

What I have done to debug the problem so far was to connect the monitor to the unit. When i turn the unit on there is the FF message for like 2 sec then it start counting to 100, while it is counting I can see the normal memory and motherboard check messages on the monitor. when it get to 97 is when unit wants to load the windows OS and at that moment i would get the FF message. what I would see next on the monitor is the OS selection menu (normal or normal with VGA) for a moment then the windows xp logo for sec and then dark screen. I know that there shouldn't be any picture after that. so i figured that the unit is booting but i see the FF message just before windows loading up. I opened the unit as well, i was clean and memory seems to be fine.

I think it was a power failure because before the unit get busted we tripped the fuse couple of time.

Just to be perfectly clear the only way to get the reload DVD is to contact the KM support? I looked though their website couldn't find anything so thought i am looking at the wrong place!

Thank you again

Sounds like the windows is running but the fiery application is not starting, thats the typical after a power failure without a proper shutdown.

You need to phone KM and get someone out there... I'm from that end of the world myself and I guess you have a service agreement so just get service to come and reload it for you. If you have just T&M agreement it will only probably be a call out charge.... it takes 54 minutes to reload v2.0 on a IC408.

The unit usually stays on FF for a few minutes before it goes to 00, what its doing at this time is waiting for the fiery application to start up ... once the unit displays 00 the fiery is nearly up and running. ( controller button will now appear)

If the fiery application cant start because it is corrupted... it just sits on FF.
    Laughing......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    By the way even the KM techs cannot download the image file. We can order the cd's (as a service part) but not download the image.
    If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should be able to download all fiery images. 2.0 is the current, last time I looked.

The following link will get you to the download files if you have a login account with mykonicaminolta

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/D...0&filetypeid=2
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 07-19-2010 at 05:22 AM.
    ---Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    If you have access to mykonicaminolta.com, you should be able to download all fiery images. 2.1 is the current, last time I looked.
    Is that for IC408? or IC303?

I got

v2.1 for IC405
    v2.1 for IC303/305 (system 8)
    v3.0 for IC305 (system 9)

but only v2.0 for IC408 but v3.0 is coming soon. Haven't came across v2.1 yet
    Laughing......