Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Bizhub C450 with Fiery IC 402: Fiery not recognizing FS 603?

Hi there,

as written in the subject: We have a Bizhub C450 with Fiery (IC-402). There´s also installed a Finisher FS 603. That finisher should be able to hole-punch, staple and folding. This works well with jobs that are send to the Fiery from a computer, and of course it also works when you only use the C450´s copier functions.

However, if you re-send a job from Command Workstation (version 4) you can not choose the option "fold and staple" because Command Workstation insists that there is no finisher installed at all.

Is there a setting within Command Workstation or the Fiery setup that I´m missing?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    This is more a command workstation problem than it is the Fiery. The Fiery can communicate with the machine just fine, as evident through the driver. Command workstation is merely an interface program provided by EFI, to allow the end user to manipulate and reprint jobs from within the print queue. This might be an issue with that particular version of CWS, or that particular computer. Also, Java may not be the correct version for that variant of CWS. And of course, the OS environment itself, such as windows vista or windows 7, or...

Long story short, try installing CWS on a good computer. If at all possible, you can download and install the updated program from Fiery Command WorkStation 5 Thank You
    See if that corrects the problem or not.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Thanks, I´ll try that and get back here after that.
    Your suggestion sounds sensible!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Yeah, I think Stirton hit it right on the head.
    Hope it works out for ya.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.