Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

KM C353 process for deleting public user print jobs?

customer has a C353 with Cac card setup. They have other folks printing on a large network to that machine using the public access function. If someone sends a print job in public access from another part of the building and it jams, the key operator is unable to go into a list and clear the job thereby halting production for everyone else without re-booting the whole machine.

Any workaround for the key operator sitting next to the machine to delete a job from an unknown workstation that did not finish printing without a hard reboot of the machine?

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Simple. Disable the public printing option and force the users to authenticate to the machine to print their jobs.

Or what is even easier, use the job list that is available on the control panel to delete the job.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Technician
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is there is a large number of people printing to this single machine. If a job is sent from the other end of the building and it jams, the job list will not allow anyone other than the original person sending the job to delete it. This stops all other printing in process unless the original person sending it is located and deletes his or her job or the main power switch on the C353 is turned off then back on. Large military installation and they will not allow us to turn off public access.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    So security for the copier is thrown out the window for the convenience eh? Astounding the minds that can be found in the military sometimes.

This is likely a shared resource from the sounds of it, to delete the job itself without user intervention, the server administrator can delete the job off the server directly. This is purely a function of how windows works, it is not a setting on the machine.

An alternative is to set up all the computers using a client side driver, rather than a server side.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

In the Admin menus you can set the machine to allow users to delete other peoples jobs, forget which menu it is under, will look when I get a chance.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Admin/System/Restrict Access..about the 4th one down is "allow users to delete other jobs" by default, this is restrict. We had to do this because the public user was sending to a SMB share and occasionaly the network would lock. The MFP would continue to try to send the file and nothing else behind would print until it was done but since no one logged in to send the job, deleting it was prohinited. Emujo