Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica Minolta C352

I recently have installed a used C352. Print quality and all is great. One problem that could not be resolved is, when we try to print several copies of a file (with one or multiple pages in it) it does not print more then 1 set of copy. Example if I have a document of 3 pages and want to print 3 set of this document, it will print only one set of 3 pages (in total 3 pages) whereas it should be 3 set of 3 pages (in total 9 pages). IC406 is attached Version 1.0.
    Also if GX6-K0 is the latest firmware for C352? I am intending to update Firmware as well.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can you clarify "printing?" I have some customers who say "printing" (to me this means from a computer) when they mean "copying" (making a copy run from the panel of the machine.)\

If you mean printing from the PC, can you give us any information on the driver that you are using? What program specifically (or if all) you are having the issue with?

My thoughts are that you may be using the Bizhub C352 driver meant for the Emperon controller when you are in fact using the IC-406 (Fiery,) which uses a different driver.

Here is a link to the IC-406 Drivers:
    Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: IC-406 / File Type: Drivers

Depending on what specifically you are printing, and which driver you are using, I can get a better idea of what exactly is going wrong.

Step 1: make sure you are using the right driver.

Let me know how it goes.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I would agree. If the wrong driver is used, the multiple document function will not produce more than one set, regardless of the number put in the list.

He can also download the correct driver directly from the IC-406, via Fiery Web Tools through the web interface. This method will ensure he gets the correct version of the driver. Using an updated driver that is not system 1.0 will also produce this error.

Also, G00-K0 is the current baseline. The firmware GX6-K0 is a special firmware that addresses the problems as per the attached file. It is not the latest "special" firmware and will not correct the issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 08-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

C352 Printing problem

First of all I am realy very thankfull to the helpfull replies> I downloaded the driver for IC406 from KonicaMinolta.com. Its Window XP Pro. Postscript Version 1.0 size 4.79MB as other driver do not solve the problem and also did not give option to select Paper size.
    Printing is from PC as you said in your post and copy is from copy Glass. We are talking about Printing from PC.
    To find out the right version, I printed Config Page from Fiery and it showed Ver 1.0, nonetheless I tried Ver 1.01 as well to no benefit. Tried to print simple word document or Corel but problem stays the same. i select multiple copies and it prints only 1 set.
    Please let me know if there are other settings I should look into.

try using PCL driver

Quote Originally Posted by AlSyed View Post
    First of all I am realy very thankfull to the helpfull replies> I downloaded the driver for IC406 from KonicaMinolta.com. Its Window XP Pro. Postscript Version 1.0 size 4.79MB as other driver do not solve the problem and also did not give option to select Paper size.
    Printing is from PC as you said in your post and copy is from copy Glass. We are talking about Printing from PC.
    To find out the right version, I printed Config Page from Fiery and it showed Ver 1.0, nonetheless I tried Ver 1.01 as well to no benefit. Tried to print simple word document or Corel but problem stays the same. i select multiple copies and it prints only 1 set.
    Please let me know if there are other settings I should look into.
    You might need to update the fiery itself. It is a windows based OS. You should be able to connect to it via "Remote Desktop" from any windows machine connected to the same network. The login name is "Administrator" and the password is "Fiery.1", no quotes, first letter upper case. From the start menu in the remote session, you can select the "fiery" and you should see an option "system updates". Force an update directly via the "check now" button. It will take some time to do this if this process had never been done. The first update is just for the windows components, similar to an update done in windows xp. Once it is done, you will be required to reboot the fiery. Do so. When the fiery is up and running again, perform the update action again, this time the fiery components will be updated. Again, reboot when done. You can set it to automatic if it isn't already.

If the update fails, be sure to check that the DNS entries have been filled. This is a must for the updates to perform properly.

Also, as I said, to ensure you have the correct version of the driver for your device, download it directly from the fiery using the "Fiery Tools" link in the web interface. There is no guarantee the driver you get on the web will be the correct version to your specific device.

And as a point of note, you should ensure that the options are set in the driver itself after it has been installed. Do this via printers folder, right click and select "properties" from the popup menu. You will see a "configure tab". Most times, this should already have been configured, but sometimes it does not work as expected and needs to be forced.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Be sure that "COLLATE" is NOT checked in the print window. I have that sucker do all kinds of crazy stuff to my print jobs. It usually sits right next to were ya put in the number of copies ya want.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Many Tnx again for all the tips. I updated the Firware with 128MB Flash Card. Tried again with IC406 but no difference. Still did not print more then 1 set of copy. I completely Uninstall & detached IC406 from copier and used Default Print Controller. Used the PS 300/352 driver from Windows list and its working fine. It prints 1 or more set of copies of 1 or more pages. Just the way it should. I will install this Fiery on one of the C352 in warehouse and will upgrade the Fiery through net. Will update you guys as soon as I get a chnace and am done with it. Many Many Tnx & Regards again to all of you.

Stirton M. "You might need to update the fiery itself. It is a windows based OS. You should be able to connect to it via "Remote Desktop" from any windows machine connected to the same network. The login name is "Administrator" and the password is "Fiery.1", no quotes, first letter upper case. From the start menu in the remote session, you can select the "fiery" and you should see an option "system updates". Force an update directly via the "check now" button"

I connected my Portable Modem to a TIP Router, Connected, my Laptop, and Fiery IC-406 to it as well and I am able to print the test page through //print/C352. Setup Fiery for DHCP to let it get the IP and Gateway Addresses. It took DNS as well which is same as Gateway address. IC-406 is still not printing multiple set of file.
    There are 2 logins in, one for copier and other as you said for fiery. When I logged into Fiery with name and password (you provided and I knew) it does not give me option system updates. Whereas Pagescope browser gave me WebTools through which I downloaded the current driver and another install software. to C drive.
    Should I look somewhere else in the system to update IC-406 firmware?

Using remote desktop is primarily for administrating the fiery system itself.

The updates tool can be found in the start menu, fiery.

The updates tool is primarily only for updating the fiery itself. Think of it as analogous to "windows update", except that this tool is specific to the controller. If the fiery is properly configured, you can force an update through this tool via "check" button. All windows updates will be done, after which, a reboot will be required. The update tool must be used once more to get the updates specific to the fiery software. A second reboot after this is done, the fiery should be fully patched.

Downloading the driver through the fiery web tools on any computer through pagescope is the correct path to go. The driver contained through this link will be the correct driver for the version of the fiery OS being used.

You can at some point, set the fiery to a fixed address. I recommend that you create a local port using TCP/IP and Raw 9100, rather than a server share.
    ---Groucho Marx