Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BigusSchmuck

Konica DI2510F scan to e-mail function

A few questions. First off, is it possible to scan to an e-mail if there is an exchange server offsite? If so, what kind of settings do I need to input in? I have tried putting the DNS, POP3, e-mail address etc with little progress, all I end up getting is the to be sent error. I don't think we need to get more memory, the scan function seems to be scanning to the machine itself, but its not sending to the e-mail address. We have access to the manual, but its kind of vague on what you need to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    first make sure that smtp is not blocked before leaving the site.
    two verify if the server needs ssl or any special ports.
    three set the server to allow the machine to relay through the exchange.
    four verify all the settings (ip of exchange, user name, password, email address, port numbers, security settings. )
    Are the computers using outlook or outlook express? If express set the machine up just like the computer.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

BigusSchmuck
    I believe they are setup like outlook express, all I know they are running outlook on a e-mail server. Where would I find the smpt info on server 2003? Would that be under the exchange server as well as the relay information? There seems to be an awful lot of steps involved in all this... Thanks again for all your help.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    SMTP: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

You can find that information directly on any user's machine. In Outlook, it is in account settings. See attached image.Capture.JPG

There could be a communication issue regarding how the DNS is set. Generally if I find I am having a problem with connecting, (ie) connection error, I will not use the name of the server (as shown in my example image)...I will ping the name itself in a dos prompt to get the IP address return as seen in this image....Capture2.JPG

Use the IP address itself instead of the name, and this will bypass the DNS stage. There is no guarantee this will fix the problem however.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Are the users using a VPN client to get to the server?

If so, regardless if using SMTP or not, the MFP will never connect.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

BigusSchmuck
    We are currently using citrix presentation version 4.0, but there are other scanners that are able to connect. Unfortunately, they are those nasty oce ones, there are only a few konicas...